Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:35:27 pm

Author Topic: Private Schools  (Read 58330 times)  Share 

brendan

Private Schools
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:22:10 am »

squance

Private Schools
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:41:01 pm »
Dude....I seriously would not spend that much for education ....$20000 per year>??? geez.....

I would rather save that up for a house or car......

Oh yeah...I went to a private school that was not that "elite" and the fees are maximum $5000 for a year 12....

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
Private Schools
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 02:04:55 pm »
holy fuck. I had no idea people paid this much. That is insaaaaaaaane.
I get cut when mine are more than $500.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
Private Schools
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:07:38 pm »
oh and as for the $12,000 to send preps to school there.... it's prep for fk's sake... all you do is draw pictures and learn your abc's!! Who the hell sends their 5-year-old to some private school for $12,000 a year??

rustic_metal

Private Schools
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:31:10 pm »
Can't believe Ivanhoe isn't on there. what are their fees like these days (igs07)?

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Re: Private Schools
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 08:20:35 am »
Those fees are nothing compared to those of NSW.
I was surprised Melbourne Grammar(Boys) and Geelong Grammar were not on the list.
oping for an ENTER of 99+

Odette

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:57:24 am »
I doubt it's worth it, if the student wants to learn, they'll succeed no matter what school they go to. What bothers me though is the fact that some of these students don't appreciate the amount of money their parents are paying. I know someone who went to Scotch College, and he's now a personal trainer (nothing wrong with that but it's a little disappointing considering how much his parents paid for his education).

rustic_metal

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 10:18:16 am »
I doubt it's worth it, if the student wants to learn, they'll succeed no matter what school they go to. What bothers me though is the fact that some of these students don't appreciate the amount of money their parents are paying. I know someone who went to Scotch College, and he's now a personal trainer (nothing wrong with that but it's a little disappointing considering how much his parents paid for his education).

i hate that thought pattern. you're saying he should only be educated to the standard required for personal training. he has the right to education at any level he wants. i know people who have had engineering degrees and actuarial degrees and whatnot who have gone on to be dancing teachers and fonezone franchisees. they're perfectly happy with how their lives turned out and dont regret getting those qualifications; is that diappointing?

Odette

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 10:33:46 am »
i hate that thought pattern. you're saying he should only be educated to the standard required for personal training. he has the right to education at any level he wants. i know people who have had engineering degrees and actuarial degrees and whatnot who have gone on to be dancing teachers and fonezone franchisees. they're perfectly happy with how their lives turned out and dont regret getting those qualifications; is that diappointing?

No it's not disappointing, everyone should choose whatever career makes them happy, it's just he never appreciated how much his parents were paying and he just didn't care about school or anything, that's what is disappointing really... i guess i should have said that instead of what i said before lol... sorry ^_^

rustic_metal

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 10:41:03 am »

No it's not disappointing, everyone should choose whatever career makes them happy, it's just he never appreciated how much his parents were paying and he just didn't care about school or anything, that's what is disappointing really... i guess i should have said that instead of what i said before lol... sorry ^_^

so he's a slacker using personal training as the 'easy way out'?

Odette

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 11:12:37 am »

Yes, only reason he chose to be a personal trainer was because he thought it would be a good way to pick up chicks ...

rustic_metal

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 11:24:20 am »

Yes, only reason he chose to be a personal trainer was because he thought it would be a good way to pick up chicks ...

haha fair enough

brendan

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 02:57:59 pm »

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 04:10:59 pm »
Moderator action
Removed irrelevant banter regarding the difference between two links provided. (It went along the lines of: same thing, no it isn't, yes it is, it isn't, etc...)

golids

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 07:55:56 pm »
i've got family friends whose little kid goes to Scotch Primary, and i can't believe how much more their school fees are compared to my school, madness  :D