Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:55:01 pm

Author Topic: Analytical Commentary  (Read 1671 times)  Share 

Seamus Wong

Analytical Commentary
« on: March 18, 2019, 04:49:51 pm »
Hey Guys,

I have an upcoming AC task on informal language. The text is a phatic spoken text between a group of friends.
I am unsure as to how to structure the paragraphs.
I was thinking about having one paragraph that highlights features of spoken discourse and link that into the social purpose of encouraging a sense of intimacy and another paragraph focusing on the features that highlight the warm relationship they share.

I'm unsure as to what I could focus the final paragraph on. Could anyone please provide me with some general suggestions?
What sort of structure did you follow? And how many features did you aim to include in each paragraph.

Thanks

tomaspaola

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Analytical Commentary
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 09:11:15 pm »
+1
In my SAC, we had to write an AC on an excerpt of a radio show

I wrote my paragraphs on
  • The function and social purpose of the conversation, linking this to the presenters lexical and syntactic choices
  • How the informal register is shown and link this to function and social purpose
  • How the cohesion and coherence is achieved and how this helps again function and social purpose

Also another way you could structure paragraphs is by subsystems.
My teacher told the class, you should try to link every paragraph to a function/social purpose of the text/conversation or whatever you receive.

Hopes this gives you some ideas.
2017 - Business Management [36]

2018 - Psychology [41], VET Music Industry: Sound Production [41]

2019 - English language, Further Maths, Legal Studies, Accounting