Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:14 pm

Author Topic: Mid year exams + GAT  (Read 628 times)

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
Mid year exams + GAT
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:24:13 pm »
Hey AN,
Just had a question about the upcoming mid year exams and the GAT.
Do the mid year exams test our knowledge of our individual VCE subjects? (Methods, Revs, English)
Thanks.
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?

anna.comet

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +12
Re: Mid year exams + GAT
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 04:43:50 pm »
+1
Hey AN,
Just had a question about the upcoming mid year exams and the GAT.
Do the mid year exams test our knowledge of our individual VCE subjects? (Methods, Revs, English)
Thanks.

Hey!

The 'mid year exams' that you are referring to would be administered by your school. VCAA doesn't withdraw any of your end of year mark from a 'mid year exam', so it would be specific to your school.

Hence, I would assume that your teachers would be either creating these exams themselves, and therefore assessing only what you have learnt thus far in the year, or these exams may be produced by an external company (e.g. Insight, HTAV, etc.), and then they would be testing all of your Unit 3 knowledge.

I would suggest just revising the content that you have learnt thus far in the year for each of your subjects. And yes, I would assume that each and every one of your VCE subjects would run an individual practice exam. Talk to your teachers for a more absolute and comprehensive breakdown.

Good luck and happy studying!