Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:11:46 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1421064 times)  Share 

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5160 on: May 30, 2017, 08:28:48 am »
+1
surely there is someone who actually prepares properly for the exams and isn't in a rush during SWOTVAC
LOL that would be me.

I started making revision resources 3-4 weeks ago. Now it's just a memorisation game, as well as writing some pratcise essays.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5161 on: May 30, 2017, 08:47:43 am »
+1
surely there is someone who actually prepares properly for the exams and isn't in a rush during SWOTVAC
LOL that would be me.

I started making revision resources 3-4 weeks ago. Now it's just a memorisation game, as well as writing some pratcise essays.

Actually, that was also me hahaha.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5162 on: May 30, 2017, 10:58:47 am »
LOL that would be me.

straight up bragging ahaha JK

I've said this before but - it doesn't help having 24 contact hours :P 

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #5163 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:30 pm »
+1
Look, I'm not too sure that there is Sine. I think anyone who says they're prepared is a liar :P

I've said this before but - it doesn't help having 24 contact hours :P 
I feel this on a spiritual level!! You never have time to get organised in advance for revision and all that because you've got so much stuff to do during the week. Massive dislike. I envy those with 12 contact hours :P

Also, added to the baking and cleaning I have achieved in SWOTVAC, I have also achieved killing my car - RIP engine and my bank account. Would appreciate a candlelit vigil for my car right now

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #5164 on: May 30, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »
^That sucks. What happened to the engine?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5165 on: May 30, 2017, 08:55:45 pm »
+2
^That sucks. What happened to the engine?
Well, I was driving home last night and broke down on the freeway (thankfully managed to pull over first), RACV came and then organised to have it towed to the mechanics, I called them today and the guy said some jargon about cylinders and lifters and stuff and he said in a nutshell, it's very bad. So basically the engine is cactus and needs serious repair work/basically replacement :'(

hbing

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Ilim College
« Reply #5166 on: June 04, 2017, 04:13:01 pm »
Hey guys, I think I'm going to be failing an elective untit and was wondering if i took another subject to compensate for it like in the summer, would it still be under hecs?
Thanks
any comments would be massively appreciated

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #5167 on: June 04, 2017, 04:16:13 pm »
+2
Hey guys, I think I'm going to be failing an elective untit and was wondering if i took another subject to compensate for it like in the summer, would it still be under hecs?
Thanks
any comments would be massively appreciated

Yes. Just because you fail a unit does not mean the fee goes away. You could apply for a remission of debt if you meet certain criteria: https://www.monash.edu/fees/discounts-refunds/refunds/loan-debt

But in a general sense: yes, it will still be a fee just like any unit you do.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

hbing

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Ilim College
« Reply #5168 on: June 05, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »
Thanks for replying, Are we allowed to do more than the allocated units we have for each semester? That is to say, If i do 3 core units and 1 elective next semester and then a summer unit - is it not considered overloading?
Thanks

epicviolinsolo

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #5169 on: June 05, 2017, 10:18:45 pm »
+1
hmm not too sure about that - maybe just means no attendance requirement or any grades associated with it :/

How's SWOTVAC going for everyone? (even though it officially starts tomorrow :p)
Thanks for the help Sine!! I really appreciate it.

Well, I was driving home last night and broke down on the freeway (thankfully managed to pull over first), RACV came and then organised to have it towed to the mechanics, I called them today and the guy said some jargon about cylinders and lifters and stuff and he said in a nutshell, it's very bad. So basically the engine is cactus and needs serious repair work/basically replacement :'(
Oh no :( I hope it's a speedy recovery for the car!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #5170 on: June 05, 2017, 10:21:26 pm »
+1
Thanks for replying, Are we allowed to do more than the allocated units we have for each semester? That is to say, If i do 3 core units and 1 elective next semester and then a summer unit - is it not considered overloading?
Thanks

No - the summer semester is a different teaching period to Semester 1 or 2. Overloading is where you do more than the prescribed units in a single semester (e.g. if your course map/handbook says to do 4 units in one semester, doing 5 units in that semester is considered overloading. Doing 1 unit over summer instead of during a regular semester is not overloading).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:24:54 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #5171 on: June 08, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »
Y'all, how are exams? :)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5172 on: June 08, 2017, 07:00:02 pm »
+1
Y'all, how are exams? :)
Not too bad. Think I went pretty well yesterday, but the 115 multiple choice were torture - never thought I'd say I want more written response questions in an exam :P
Also lucked out - didn't have anyone nearby sniffing, or coughing, or making annoying noises.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #5173 on: June 08, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
Not too bad. Think I went pretty well yesterday, but the 115 multiple choice were torture - never thought I'd say I want more written response questions in an exam :P
Also lucked out - didn't have anyone nearby sniffing, or coughing, or making annoying noises.

That many multiple choice questions is brutal.

Are you done? Do you have/had you had any night exams?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5174 on: June 09, 2017, 12:54:02 am »
+1
That many multiple choice questions is brutal.

Are you done? Do you have/had you had any night exams?
It makes it so easy to lose focus, and tbh I get bored. If I have to write, then at least it keeps my brain active and ticking over, because I have to think of how I'll phrase something, etc.

Not done yet - still have another written exam tomorrow (well...technically today given it's after midnight) and my clinical exam next week.

Off topic, but I've decided that I won't feel like a proper adult until I can cut onions without crying enough tears to fill the Nile river...already have the box ticked on getting excited about buying bed linen though, so I'm slowly getting better at the whole "adulting" business.