Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:15:51 pm

Author Topic: Urgent Help  (Read 798 times)  Share 

Baekhyunee

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Urgent Help
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:32:48 pm »
This year hasn't been going too well for me, and I seriously just wanted to know but basically:

English - Unit 3&4 SACS --> UG-E (getting around - applies for all subjects) - want a ss of 32
Health - All SACS ---> E-D - around 30-50% - ss of 40
Psychology - All SACS ---> E-C -  around 30-60% - ss of 40
Business - All SACS ---> E-B -  around 30-80% - ss of 25
Further - All SACS ---> UG-D around 30-50% - ss of 40

And now let's say that....

GA1 - E
GA2 - E

With such an estimate on the overall SAC scores, is it possible to achieve such a study score for my subjects? Is it too unrealistic? Or would i still have a chance in achieving these scores if I put my mind on it and dedicate all my time to studying- then would getting these study scores be possible with such shitty SAC marks? Or would my SAC marks just drag me down too much even if i get like B or A on the end of year exam. My cohort is pretty strong this year, but with such a strong cohort, would it even benefit me? Since those marks are pretty horrid.

cdiamond

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
Re: Urgent Help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:59:44 pm »
This year hasn't been going too well for me, and I seriously just wanted to know but basically:

English - Unit 3&4 SACS --> UG-E (getting around - applies for all subjects) - want a ss of 32
Health - All SACS ---> E-D - around 30-50% - ss of 40
Psychology - All SACS ---> E-C -  around 30-60% - ss of 40
Business - All SACS ---> E-B -  around 30-80% - ss of 25
Further - All SACS ---> UG-D around 30-50% - ss of 40

And now let's say that....

GA1 - E
GA2 - E

With such an estimate on the overall SAC scores, is it possible to achieve such a study score for my subjects? Is it too unrealistic? Or would i still have a chance in achieving these scores if I put my mind on it and dedicate all my time to studying- then would getting these study scores be possible with such shitty SAC marks? Or would my SAC marks just drag me down too much even if i get like B or A on the end of year exam. My cohort is pretty strong this year, but with such a strong cohort, would it even benefit me? Since those marks are pretty horrid.
From my understanding, a stronger cohort is better in the sense that if everybody does well in the exam, the SAC scores will generally get moderated up with the marks each rank get in the exam going to the respective ranking in sac marks. For further, it's really unclear with your marks as yet, especially since you have a UG, BUT you can still get a 30 and above ss if you do well in exams I think [I did further last year and got a 90%, 80%, 40% and 30% in sacs and still got A's in GA1 and my exams GA2 & 3 with a score of 37 in the end]. You'll have to work really hard in the exams to get higher ss's in general (English and Health because they are pretty competitive subjects (as you know they both scale down).)

I can't really say specifically that these are all correct since I am a Year 12 this year as well but try your best and do well in the exams! Good luck!
2017: Further Mathematics
2018: Chinese Second Language | Economics | English Language | Chemistry | Methods
2019: Bachelor of Arts at UniMelb
My VCE Journal [click me!]