Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 04:14:16 pm

Author Topic: The GAT  (Read 14260 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: The GAT
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 04:44:41 pm »
Hey all,

Tomorrows the GAT. Is anyone prepared? I know I'm not. I literally havent studied at all. Will I fail? I dont know if I should be taking the Gat seriously. Like i know it kinda contributes to your atar and stuff. And Im not doing any maths subject this year and i dont remember any math. does that mean i will fail the math section in the GAT? lol Im so confused. IS IT OKAY IF YOU DONT DO WELL ON THE GAT?

Hey lleeea!

You can check out our main GAT discussion here. :) It has some great information about the GAT, and also gives you a place to chat about it (like this!) both before and after. I'm going to lock this thread after I make this post just to avoid confusion of having multiple GAT discussions go on at once. :)

To answer your questions, I think it's really difficult to feel "prepared" for the GAT, because it's actually quite difficult to study for. If possible, I wouldn't let this stress you out too much, because I think very many people will be in the same position. Your performance on the GAT is unlikely to heavily impact your ATAR, but that's explained more in the thread I've just linked. :)

Feel free to message me if you can't find you way to that other thread! ;D Best of luck for tomorrow!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2019, 05:12:12 pm »
Omg i havent studied whatsoever for the gat. and plus, i dont even know how to study for it. and what if ur not doing any math subject, how can u still pass the math component of the gat, i did horribly last year in the math component had to guess like half of the answers.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2019, 05:35:41 pm »
+2
Omg i havent studied whatsoever for the gat. and plus, i dont even know how to study for it. and what if ur not doing any math subject, how can u still pass the math component of the gat, i did horribly last year in the math component had to guess like half of the answers.
You aren't meant to study for GAT (and most people don't) - the representation on AN probably doesn't reflect this though. However, it would be good to actually try during the exam and just do your best.

Also, there is no "pass" mark for any section of the GAT - they are scored the same way as study scores from 0 to 50. WIth a mean of 30 and a stanadrd deviation of 7.

None of the GAT scores will mean anything if you sit all your exams and there aren't any disruptions to the exams.