Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 04:55:10 pm

Author Topic: 2019 Results Possible Remarking  (Read 983 times)

Isaac Collins

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
2019 Results Possible Remarking
« on: December 17, 2019, 11:30:51 pm »
Hello anyone reading this.
I was curious if there is any possibility to have your exams looked at again, not even a remark but just to re-add up the marks.
Today my HSC results came out and i'm pretty disappointed:

Adv Eng - 85 rank 2nd
Adv Math - 88 rank 3rd
Bio - 90 rank 1st
Legal - 88 rank 1st
SORII - 86 rank 2nd
ATAR: 90.35

I'm good with my SORII and Math results, however my problem is with biology. I got an exam mark of 90 (which has already been aligned), and according to data from https://rawmarks.info/science/biology/ which i've heard if very reliable, I would have achieved a raw bio exam mark of around 73. However, I felt really confident with that exam, for example (from the answers provided by NESA) I got 18/20 on multiple choice, and there wasn't really any questions that stumped me. I also got a raw mark of 93 in my trials, and I had a raw assessment mark of 93. It's my most confident subject and I felt good walking out of the exam. I just really don't think I could have scored that low as I've been incredibly consistent all year with raw band 6 marks in bio.

What are my options?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:54:31 pm by Isaac Collins »

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: 2019 Results Possible Remarking
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 11:48:04 pm »
+2
This website should have every service you require.

Unfortunately, things like re-adding marks and buying back your papers do incur a cost. But if you genuinely believe something has gone wrong, it's a gamble you should take. I remember there was once when someone paid for this service for modern history, and it was found that a whole section of their paper that wasn't marked first time round.

You can use these services only for biology, if you are happy with the results for your other subjects.