Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:21:08 am

Author Topic: 15 units- Should I drop anything?  (Read 848 times)

Manar.alogaidi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
15 units- Should I drop anything?
« on: September 22, 2018, 01:43:33 pm »
Hey all,
I'm currently in year 11 going into year 12. In total I have 15 units (but I'm doing an accelerated chemistry course so I'll have 13 units next year and I'm sitting on 84 internal so I'm scared I won't make it to band 6), and I am going to be doing 3 unit maths, 4 unit English, physics, biology and Spanish beginners next term. I've been frequently advised to drop one, and to me that would logically be my worst subject, extension maths. However, I do realise it scales well and I know that if I actually put in effort instead of bludging it I would do well. So here's the question- should I drop anything? Is it better to wait until after the first year 12 assessment??

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:10:59 pm by Manar.alogaidi »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: 15 units- Should I drop anything?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 01:58:53 pm »
+7
Welcome to the forums!! ;D

I guess the question is, are you handling 15 units okay (well, 13 next year)? If you are, why drop - There's no reason to if you are happy with how things are going at the moment (though you will be adding Ext 2 English which is a big workload).

You shouldn't keep Extension Maths just for the scaling, but you shouldn't drop it because it is your worst mark either. Do the subjects you are interested in - If you wanted to drop one, drop the one you like the least, would be my advice ;D but if you feel okay with 13 units, then go for it! You can always drop something after a term if it becomes too much :)