Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:58:30 pm

Author Topic: Will I get into Monash Med? 😥  (Read 1982 times)

CherryLatte

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
Will I get into Monash Med? 😥
« on: July 26, 2020, 07:09:36 pm »
Hey friends!

I知 kind of stressed right now because just yesterday I did my UCAT and totally stuffed AR, the VR section was also super long. Anyway, I got a score of 2790, which would put me around the 88th percentile using the MedEntry percentile calculator for 2019.

To any Monash med direct entry students or anyone who has this knowledge, have you heard of anyone who received an interview with this UCAT score with an ATAR of around 99+? Any info to help ease my worry would be welcome!

THANK YOU!  🥰

dutyfree

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +70
Re: Will I get into Monash Med? 😥
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 07:28:17 pm »
+8
Hey hey,
Firstly, congrats on finishing UCAT, your results are amazing!!
Unfortunately, I can't guarantee this but my sister got an interview with an atar of 99 and a UCAT of 2780 (no seas). You're still in the running for a place so try to forget about UCAT and keep up your studying for a solid atar. (A high atar should offset your UCAT).  :)
2018: ATaR: 98.8
2019: quarter-life crisis
2020: Bachelor of Science @ Monash Uni

justaloser

• Forum Regular
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
  • Respect: +116
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 07:32:16 pm »
+9
Hey, current Monash med student here

Congrats on the great result!
I got 88th percentile last year + 99.00 and got an interview, my mate also got an interview with 86th or so + 99.5.
It's still definitely possible, so don't give up!
2020-24: Monash Uni MBBS (Bonded)

I don't really go on here anymore. Feel free to DM though

I have no idea about the UCAT percentile required to get an interview/accepted into medicine. Mine was the first year that they used the UCAT. Just try and maximise your ATAR and take care of yourself.

My Med School journal

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 07:34:40 pm »
+7
Hey friends!

I知 kind of stressed right now because just yesterday I did my UCAT and totally stuffed AR, the VR section was also super long. Anyway, I got a score of 2790, which would put me around the 88th percentile using the MedEntry percentile calculator for 2019.

To any Monash med direct entry students or anyone who has this knowledge, have you heard of anyone who received an interview with this UCAT score with an ATAR of around 99+? Any info to help ease my worry would be welcome!

THANK YOU!  🥰
Definitely possible, you are correct in saying you would need a high 98/99+ ATAR.

For the rest of the year you should be aiming to get as high ATAR as possible to increase your chances.

CherryLatte

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 08:08:54 pm »
+6
Hey guys,

I don稚 know how to reply to you all because as you can see I知 very new haha, but thank you all so much for the quick (and super nice!) replies! I値l stay positive and hopefully smash VCE so that I have a chance.

Thanks for relieving my stress! 💞

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 12:40:51 am »
+4
Hey guys,

I don稚 know how to reply to you all because as you can see I知 very new haha, but thank you all so much for the quick (and super nice!) replies! I値l stay positive and hopefully smash VCE so that I have a chance.

Thanks for relieving my stress! 💞
Good luck and all the best, CherryLatte! :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash