Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:49 pm

Author Topic: UCAT in 5 weeks still scoring 50th percentile (137/240ish)  (Read 874 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
UCAT in 5 weeks still scoring 50th percentile (137/240ish)
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:05:31 pm »
My UCAT is in 5 weeks!!!! I have no idea how to improve I look at the solutions but my thick skull still won’t get it! I have MedEntry and QR will be the death of me. I’ve greatly improved in the last 3 months (I’ve studied maybe 10 hours in this time- I know pathetic) but in QR i just don’t understand the table questions. Should I redo them? How do I improve in such little time.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: UCAT in 5 weeks still scoring 50th percentile (137/240ish)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:36:40 pm »
+6
Hey, 5 weeks is actually a very long time, and I don't think you should be too worried at this point. Just focus on your weak points and work on them till you understand the essence of what the questions are asking you to do (especially for QR). Note that the QR on Medentry is harder than the QR on the real exam, so don't be too disheartened by your scores. If you think redoing them will help you understand how to tackle those questions, then go for it. Scoring above 90th percentile on Medentry is difficult because the students who buy it are (usually) the ones who prepare a lot too, so the scores you get on it won't be representative of what you get on test day (assuming all goes well). Keep at it and don't give up, you can definitely improve - you have the time and the resources. Good luck with your prep!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash