Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 03:49:24 pm

Author Topic: 5 weeks till my UCAT stuck at 50th percentile  (Read 704 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
5 weeks till my UCAT stuck at 50th percentile
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:03:32 pm »
My UCAT is in 5 weeks!!!! I have no idea how to improve I look at the solutions but my thick skull still won’t get it! I have MedEntry and QR will be the death of me. I’ve greatly improved in the last 3 months (I’ve studied maybe 10 hours in this time- I know pathetic) but in QR i just don’t understand the table questions. Should I redo them? How do I improve in such little time. Like for DM I was struggling with Venn diagrams and logic but persevered and now I’m doing okay
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
Re: 5 weeks till my UCAT stuck at 50th percentile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:39:50 pm »
+4
Hello Coolgalbornin03Lo.

You still have plenty of time to improve and obtain a decent score in the UCAT! A lot can be done in 5 weeks. In terms of improving, identifying and targeting your weaknesses and then completing those relevant questions is the way to go. It's really good that you've identified your specific weaknesses for QR (the table questions) so you know what you need to work on.

For QR, since you're struggling with the questions that involve tables, I'd suggest practising those specific types of questions untimed. It would be good to work through them slowly and meticulously, making sure you understand how to solve each problem and as you practise more of these questions, hopefully, it will be easier and quicker to do them in the limited time.
In QR, I also struggle with the very difficult, long questions (with a lot of writing, that often involve data interpetation). Recently, I've started doing these questions untimed and breaking down each section of the stem passage (since there's so much to understand and make sense of) and making sure I understand the background information before proceeding to the actual question, which often makes it easier to understand.

I don't have Medentry but the above is what I'm using to tackle those hard QR questions and so hopefully they help you too!
Hope this helps!