Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:04:34 am

Author Topic: Raw marks  (Read 2816 times)  Share 

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Raw marks
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:35:39 pm »
I hope this question makes sense otherwise I probably have not grasped the whole scaling thing as well as I thought I have  ;D

What Raw marks do I need in PDHPE and Legal to hit a 90, and to hit a 45 in ext 1 and 2 english?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Raw marks
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:51:53 pm »
+1
I hope this question makes sense otherwise I probably have not grasped the whole scaling thing as well as I thought I have  ;D

What Raw marks do I need in PDHPE and Legal to hit a 90, and to hit a 45 in ext 1 and 2 english?

Seems like you've grasped it! ;)

You can find a database of raw marks, and what they aligned to as a HSC Exam Mark - Here ;D

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:09:43 pm »
Seems like you've grasped it! ;)

You can find a database of raw marks, and what they aligned to as a HSC Exam Mark - Here ;D

How accurate is it??? Cause for E1 a 37 to a 45 sounds like a huge jump, but would that mean that individual most likely had a strong cohort? Cause my cohort is quite small so I don't know how strong it would be...

Same question as above for an 85 to a 92 for Legal, and 89.50 to a 95 for PD  :o
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 05:46:53 pm »
+1
How accurate is it??? Cause for E1 a 37 to a 45 sounds like a huge jump, but would that mean that individual most likely had a strong cohort? Cause my cohort is quite small so I don't know how strong it would be...

Same question as above for an 85 to a 92 for Legal, and 89.50 to a 95 for PD  :o

These alignments are NESA taking your raw exam scores and mapping them to Band cut-offs: They are totally accurate (people upload their mark reports if they pay for one) and don't have anything to do with your schools cohort ;D

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 06:34:17 pm »
These alignments are NESA taking your raw exam scores and mapping them to Band cut-offs: They are totally accurate (people upload their mark reports if they pay for one) and don't have anything to do with your schools cohort ;D

Oh my that is amazing to hear!!

So basically to hit the 90s in legal I’ll be looking at getting around a 85 as a raw? Also how much do getting your raw marks even cost?
HSC subjects

Zamura1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 07:28:53 pm »
Oh my that is amazing to hear!!

So basically to hit the 90s in legal I’ll be looking at getting around a 85 as a raw? Also how much do getting your raw marks even cost?

NESA has a web page if you would like to go further in depth, but from experience, I think they were around $6-$7 each