Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:36:39 pm

Author Topic: HSC PDHPE Questions Thread  (Read 21331 times)  Share 

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: HSC PDHPE Questions Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 05:28:20 pm »
+3
Can someone please help me?, What are any specific health promotions that are aimed at reducing the health inequities suffered by the Socio-Economically Disadvantaged people?

Hi...
There aren’t many health initiatives aimed specifically at low SES people, but many address the access barriers to health services from low income. A few I can think of:
- Active Kids Rebate
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (subsidising medicine)
- Free childhood immunisation.
- Medicare system (allowing free access to public health services).
- Free sexual health & family planning clinics.
- Child Dental Benefits schedule.

Hope this gives you a few ideas.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Youssefh_

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 09:51:18 pm »
Hey also i just wanted to ask if i am talking about a health promotion, and in the question it asks me to analyse and assess the effectiveness of the health promotion, can you just please tell me in dot points what i can include in my answer
thank you

ThExecutionistXD

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 06:56:26 pm »
Hi Guys sorry I have an assingment and I have this question to do. But I dont know how to start the response i chose the group People in rural and remote areas. If anyone could provide any ideas, starting points or general advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Explain the roles of individuals, communities and governments in addressing the health inequities experienced by ONE group other than Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. (7 marks)

Thank you

SaskiaN

• Adventurer
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 09:59:04 pm »
Hey all can someone please explain this?!

"Explain why continuous training above the anaerobic threshold would be detrimental to aerobic endurance?"
ATAR 98.90

All rounder
State rank - 20th PDHPE

PDHPE | 95
Biology | 94
Earth and Environmental Science | 93
English Advanced | 92
Chemistry | 91
Mathematics | 88

LeahFlanagan01

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 05:41:08 pm »
Hi there,

Can someone explain to me how the performance elements can be used to develop an associative or autonomous learners skills?

Thank you ! :))

jessec20

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 07:32:16 pm »
hello
i need help with this question
have you got any ideas?

Analyse the factors that influence changes in physiological responses during and after participation in rugby. Consider:
The

•   Heart rate
•   Ventilation rate
•   Stroke volume
•   Cardiac output
•   Lactate levels

Kubrasacan

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 07:24:17 pm »
Hii everyone,
Does anyone know good links or resources to find good pdhpe trial papers with answers?
Thanks so much.

nicolematys

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 12:00:21 pm »
+1
Hey all can someone please explain this?!

"Explain why continuous training above the anaerobic threshold would be detrimental to aerobic endurance?"

Hi so here's my thinking,
If you are constantly increasing your anaerobic threshold, you would get to a point where you can utilise your lactic or alactacid system for far longer than the 'standard' 15secs (ATP/PC system) or the 3-4mins (70% effort of the lactic acid system). This would be detrimental to aerobic endurance as you are utilised other systems for longer periods of time, which means that you won't be using your aerobic energy system as efficiently or even at all. Continuously training in above this threshold keeps almost pushing the point at which the aerobic system would kick in further away. (for lack of better explanation). This means that when perhaps you decide to go do some aerobic endurance based activity like a marathon run, you'll be fine for a little bit but when you actually start to utilise the aerobic system, you've trained only for anaerobic as your threshold kept becoming higher so you could never get into a state or time to train aerobically. Therefore, your endurance has been affected by this continuous training and creates further problems for other aerobic sports/activities.

Let me think of an example:
Let's say you are a professional sprinter - 400m (that weird in-between sprint and jog phase) and you want to be able to sprint the entirety of that race, you are going to train to increase your anaerobic threshold. Okay that's great, but now you decide you would like to enter in longer races such as the 800m or the 1500m. Your body is so used to (and really good at- efficient) using those anaerobic systems that once your aerobic system clocks in, you'll dramatically see a drop in performance. Even if you did try and train aerobically, due to your threshold being so high, you might not be even reaching the state to be training aerobically - and rather still training mainly on your lactic acid system.

Look, this is what I would do to answer that question, not 100% sure but I hoped it helps??

Nic

nicolematys

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 12:05:46 pm »
Hii everyone,
Does anyone know good links or resources to find good pdhpe trial papers with answers?
Thanks so much.

Best bet is to go through the NESA website and print off some past papers to trial.
Or these are good:
http://www.hscfocus.com/pdhpe/personal-development-health-and-physical-education/pdhpe-past-papers/
https://www.acehsc.net/category/past-trial-papers/
https://thsconline.github.io/s/yr12/PDHPE/trialpapers.html

nicolematys

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2019, 12:26:32 pm »
+2
hello
i need help with this question
have you got any ideas?

Analyse the factors that influence changes in physiological responses during and after participation in rugby. Consider:
The

•   Heart rate
•   Ventilation rate
•   Stroke volume
•   Cardiac output
•   Lactate levels

The easiest way to attack this question is to break it down. So obviously you have the 5 physiological responses to consider, but you also have to consider what happens to those responses during and after the sport. All those dot points are the "factors that influence change" - you just have to analyse them from during and after.

The verb used is ANALYSE: so you need to identify components and the relationships between them or draw out and relate implications. E.g. obviously during the game, heart rate will be significantly higher than after. 

I personally don't know enough about rugby to personalise my response to this question but I'll just give a broad explanation and then you can edit it?

Heart rate is the number of times your heart beats in a minute. Heart rate responds to training by increasing from the resting value and is often used to set or determine the intensity of the training session. Heart rate increases during exercise as more oxygen is required by the muscles to continuously move and get rid of CO2. Obviously, this connects the respiratory system as it takes in more oxygen for the body and removed the waste product of CO2. The heart rate needs to increase to more efficiently and quickly remove waste from the body and bring more oxygen for the muscles. This increase in heart rate occurs as the body needs to be able to deliver oxygen at the required rate of muscles and remove CO2 as well.
Once the activity has ceased, the heart rate will drop and return to normal as there is no requirement from the muscles or the body for increased levels of oxygen intake or getting rid of CO2.

Go through each of the points like this (in more depth and alter it to fit rugby) and you should be sweet. If you need any more help, direct message me :)

Here's a website to help you along too:
https://www.pdhpe.net/the-body-in-motion/what-is-the-relationship-between-physical-fitness-training-and-movement-efficiency/immediate-physiological-responses-to-training/

neha.singh4

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2021, 11:00:41 pm »
This is a question regarding HSC Core 2: Factors Affecting Performance

What would be the best type of of feedback that could be best utilised by a performer to develop the skill of dribbling for soccer? Would it be internal, part, concurrent, or delayed?