Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:57:13 pm

Author Topic: vehura's creative writing!  (Read 1675 times)

vehura

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
  • Respect: +33
vehura's creative writing!
« on: September 13, 2019, 10:02:57 pm »
+7
Hey everyone! I'm vehura.

I have decided to open a creative writing thread for all of my work! I love writing; it is one of my favourite ways to express myself, and I thought it would be a good idea to have a place to post all my work so hopefully I can continue improving.  :)

I have started by deciding to write a short piece a day (or, hopefully, close enough to a day) using the 2019 Inktober prompts. I actually think writing based on one word prompts is much easier than with an elaborate plot, so I am really excited to see what I can write.

My first prompt was "Poisonous." I have written a short response here. Feel inclined to read it if you like, I get quite nervous showing people my writing as a lot of the time it is very personal to me so I hope this improves my confidence too! They're only a couple of hundred words each, so maybe not anything special but I'm pretty proud of anything I write.  :D

Prompt: POISONOUS

The snake bites. And it hurts.

She can already feel the pain coursing thickly down her arms, travelling through her veins and burning her insides. Like antifreeze, slowing her body and deadening her nerves.

Her skin numbs, the pain spreading through her insides. Liquid bubbles and simmers, a stew of hatred coating the lining of her stomach. She can feel her organs decaying. With every shudder she takes, every attempt to breathe, she can feel her body convulsing, her lungs twisting. They’re begging for oxygen. And as her throat closes up, she can feel acid bile crawling up her neck, trying to scratch its way out, threatening to lash out.

She screws her eyes shut. And as she attempts to blink back the scorching in her eyes, she swallows it all down. The knot in her stomach gets heavier.

“Are you alright? I didn’t mean it,” the snake says, a flicker of annoyance evident in its face. “I didn’t know you were so sensitive.”

She shudders, inwardly relieved as the familiar trembling feeling returns to her hands. Her breathing lax, she looks at the snake and smiles shakily. And as her blood begins to circulate and her heart pumps again, the shame which always accompanies starts to darken her face. Her skin is grey. The words which repeat in her mind are spoken:

“It’s my fault. I’m sorry,” she says.
class of 2021
2020: psych (50)
2021: eng (50) lit (47)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: vehura's creative writing!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
+1
Hey vehura!
I am looking forward to reading more! You clearly love to write and have a knack for description and prose. ;D

vehura

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 10:13:23 pm »
+2
Hey vehura!
I am looking forward to reading more! You clearly love to write and have a knack for description and prose. ;D

Thank you, laura! I've looked at your writing on here too and your stuff is pretty special. I think I probably need to CUT BACK on my description.  ;D
I'm excited to see more of your work also. :)
class of 2021
2020: psych (50)
2021: eng (50) lit (47)

SarahEve

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 10:46:07 pm »
+2
Good for you in sharing your writing skills; you don't need to be nervous, this was a really cool piece. I like how you took an obvious approach to the prompt and then put a unique twist on it. Looking forward to the next one :)