Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:59:41 am

Author Topic: 90+ atar with folio subjects??  (Read 1630 times)  Share 

XScarlet

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
90+ atar with folio subjects??
« on: February 03, 2019, 10:00:38 am »
hey, just wondering was anyone here able to achieve an atar of 90+ doing 2 or more folio subjects?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: 90+ atar with folio subjects??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:39:11 am »
+4
hey, just wondering was anyone here able to achieve an atar of 90+ doing 2 or more folio subjects?

Hey, XScarlet!

I did the HSC last year so not too sure how relevant my advice would be but I did do 3 subjects that had a similar nature to folio subjects in the VCE. My Extension 2 English Major Work, Visual Arts Body of Work, Music 2 Musicology and Composition assessments all had portfolios or documents of a similar nature required to be submitted, alongside the Major Work itself. I found them to be highly rewarding and an enjoyable aspect of my HSC. I managed to perform exceptionally and achieved a 90+ ATAR, despite the scaling and stigmas of “bludging” and whatnot associated with the subjects. If you’re interested in seeing how I did it, I kept a HSC Major Works Journal here on the forum, whereby I have entries about the Major Works and subject reviews, towards the end on the fourth page, with tips and tricks to manage multiple Major Works.

I also did some quick research and I found these VCE articles which might be more helpful in your decision making  ;D You can check them out here and here. Hope this helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:31:40 am »
+2
I only did one (two in Year 11), but yep, it's definitely possible. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

rebeccacar

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 09:40:38 am »
+2

Yes you can, however you will need to work hard as folio subjects consist of a lot of time and effort (especially VCD and Studio Arts). I had a friend of mine who actually completed 3 folio subjects in year 12, alongside further maths and english. She worked pretty hard. However I would argue she didn't work to her full potential, as she was unable to purely focus on the remaining non-folio 2 subjects due to her lack of time management which brought her down. If you are able to manage your time properly, you will be absolutely fine.
Believe in yourself.