Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:10:54 am

Author Topic: Aung San Suu Kyi stripped of Amnesty 'conscience' award  (Read 904 times)  Share 

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
Aung San Suu Kyi stripped of Amnesty 'conscience' award
« on: November 13, 2018, 10:42:41 pm »
+2
Aung San Suu Kyi, was one of the world's great leaders, she stood for the people and the minorities. When the media and the general populace were under threat, she stood up (even amongst great power).

WE, all read her speeches. We ALL studied that beautiful nobel prize speech (Sorry for caps, I'm passionate about this one)

Now, she has fallen from her graces and is seen as an enabler of genocide. This is due to the fact that she jailed journalists and allowed the military to abuse people's human rights. She did not have all the power to control the military, but SHE did a total 180. That is what disgusts myself (and others the most).

She went from the people's defender from murderers, to being part of the murderous crew.
*Please do not Google what she did to the Muslim minorities, the images are heartbreaking and unpleasant*

In recent news...
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/aung-san-suu-kyi-stripped-of-amnesty-conscience-award-20181113-p50fmd.html
Yangon: Amnesty International has withdrawn its most prestigious human rights prize from Aung San Suu Kyi, accusing the Myanmar leader of perpetuating human rights abuses by not speaking out about violence against the Rohingya Muslim minority.

Once hailed as a champion in the fight for democracy, Suu Kyi has been stripped of a series of international honours over a Rohingya exodus that began in August 2017.

In older news, she has also been stripped of:
- the honorary of citizenship from Canada
- Edinburgh honour
- Freedom of Oxford Award
- Elie Wiesel Award
My question to you is?
- Can she ever recover from such a big fall from grace?
- Do you think that the power of the military excuses her from what has happened? (or could she have done more)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:51:15 pm by EEEEEEP »

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Aung San Suu Kyi stripped of Amnesty 'conscience' award
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 11:00:35 pm »
+1
My question to you is?
1. Can she ever recover from such a big fall from grace?

2.  Do you think that the power of the military excuses her from what has happened? (or could she have done more)

1.) I think she might, but I don't know how. After all, the US recovered from using Napalm in Viet Nam...
Spoiler
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to compare an individual with a country.
It's just the first thing that came to mind when I saw how this...

is so similar to this...

Those eyes are pools of heartbreak...
2.) Certainly not a complete freedom, but she didn't have control over them. She isn't directly responsible for their actions.
The only thing she's responsible for is for stopping her "unstoppable journey" in human rights, by not speaking about or against their actions.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:05:51 pm by S200 »
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D