Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 01:49:11 pm

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1420263 times)  Share 

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5685 on: February 26, 2019, 06:44:09 pm »
+1
Anyone know how to sync Monash timetable with Icloud calendar or google calendar?

And two seconds later, I figured it out.
https://my.monash.edu.au/news-and-events/calendar-feeds/direct.html
Here's a link if anyone else needs it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 06:46:01 pm by Lear »
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #5686 on: February 28, 2019, 09:59:52 pm »
+5
Passing on a reminder of Monash StalkerSpace:

2018 PTV Concession cards expire today (Feb 28)! You can access a new application form on WES. :)
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #5687 on: March 03, 2019, 11:21:32 am »
+1
Passing on a reminder of Monash StalkerSpace:

2018 PTV Concession cards expire today (Feb 28)! You can access a new application form on WES. :)

Funny thing is I’ve got the card but I can never seem to get a tertiary myki. Every time I get a tertiary it seems to switch to a full fare after a week which is quite a pain rn

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #5688 on: March 03, 2019, 12:42:44 pm »
+1
Funny thing is I’ve got the card but I can never seem to get a tertiary myki. Every time I get a tertiary it seems to switch to a full fare after a week which is quite a pain rn
I don't think I've ever bought a tertiary Myki card per se. You can get the tertiary concession card (the one from WES), then buy a concession Myki (or use the one you have, if you have one already) and pay for a year on that or use the Myki Money/ Pass functions and top up as usual. The smaller $9 card effectively means you can avoid the fines if any PSOs question your eligibility for using a concession card.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5689 on: March 03, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »
+1
I don't think I've ever bought a tertiary Myki card per se. You can get the tertiary concession card (the one from WES), then buy a concession Myki (or use the one you have, if you have one already) and pay for a year on that or use the Myki Money/ Pass functions and top up as usual. The smaller $9 card effectively means you can avoid the fines if any PSOs question your eligibility for using a concession card.
I lost my myki last year and the people at the nearest station (Newport) issued me with a tertiary concession myki instead a general one, they definitely exist ^-^

I'd contact myki/the nearest staffed station @Springyboy because that's super odd :(
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5690 on: March 03, 2019, 04:45:02 pm »
+1
I lost my myki last year and the people at the nearest station (Newport) issued me with a tertiary concession myki instead a general one, they definitely exist ^-^

I'd contact myki/the nearest staffed station @Springyboy because that's super odd :(

Yep don't worry I just fixed it - it's because my old Myki broke down as I was holding it the wrong way and they replaced it for a full fare :( Luckily it's fixed for now, hopefully all the money from my old Myki transfers over.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5691 on: March 05, 2019, 02:04:26 pm »
+1
these live streams of lectures are a good idea but haven't been working too well for me - a lot of buffering and lag (which doesn't happen too often on my laptop)

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5692 on: March 05, 2019, 04:10:12 pm »
these live streams of lectures are a good idea but haven't been working too well for me - a lot of buffering and lag (which doesn't happen too often on my laptop)

Yep same with me, that's why I'm trying to get the echo360 link's enabled for each of my units so I can watch them afterwards. 3/4 are currently enabled, just one to go which I'll hopefully get enabled at the lecture tomorrow which I'm going to.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5693 on: March 05, 2019, 04:35:12 pm »

Is there any capacity to ask questions or interact in any way while the lecture is running live?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #5694 on: March 05, 2019, 04:52:16 pm »
+4
Is there any capacity to ask questions or interact in any way while the lecture is running live?
If you stream via Panopto, there's a chat window, but these aren't usually monitored by the lecturers (I think there's like a 30-second delay as well). A few of my units last year did have "moderators" available in the chat window to answer any questions though (or pass those questions onto the lecturer if possible).
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #5695 on: March 06, 2019, 02:39:21 pm »
So with the good ol public transport system being an absolute mess in April, I have decided to drive to uni.
How hard is it usually to get a parking spot in the N1, 10 research way car park if one is paying for the all day metered parking?
I've noticed the allocation to metered parking (in pink) is quite small https://i.imgur.com/UKjjPMq.png so am concerned I won't get a spot despite being willing to pay the enormous 12 bucks a day for it.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5696 on: March 06, 2019, 09:06:12 pm »
+1
So with the good ol public transport system being an absolute mess in April, I have decided to drive to uni.
How hard is it usually to get a parking spot in the N1, 10 research way car park if one is paying for the all day metered parking?
I've noticed the allocation to metered parking (in pink) is quite small https://i.imgur.com/UKjjPMq.png so am concerned I won't get a spot despite being willing to pay the enormous 12 bucks a day for it.

There's usually plenty of spots available. Everytime I've driven to uni I usually park at Monash Sport, and on the rare occasions that I park at N1 I've normally found a spot in metered parking. You'll definitely get a spot, and if not you can park in Monash Sport as an alternative.

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5697 on: March 13, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »
+7
Sorry for the double post, but need to PSA: Anyone who's in the Business & Economics faculty and has got a mid-semester test this semester: Your mid-semester time, room allocation & venue are all out on WES under exam timetables or accessible here.

An Apple

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Developer. Student. https://UniBoard.app
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5698 on: March 14, 2019, 09:33:41 pm »
+1
Hey guys! I'm the creater of the old MoodleHero! Just letting everyone know, MoodleHero is now called UniBoard.app and can be found at https://uniboard.app/

If you're not a fan of the new Moodle, I'd love it if you guys could give the new extension a shot!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #5699 on: April 02, 2019, 05:46:51 am »
+3
How's everyone feeling about week 5 & semester in general?