Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:25:51 am

Author Topic: Can't be bothered to re-read my text  (Read 798 times)  Share 

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
Can't be bothered to re-read my text
« on: September 21, 2019, 11:27:05 am »
Hello there, is it necessary to re-read my text for exam prep? The text I am asking about is Frankenstein. It is so boring to read. As a matter of fact, I re-read the whole text until about halfway through, then just gave up because it was that tedious to get through. I told my teacher about this, and they gave me a Frankenstein guide (not the ATARNotes one), and you know what it said? (the irony is laughable). "You need to read it several times".  :'(

The reality is, I don't have the greatest understanding of the finer details of Frankenstein. But I don't want to read it!
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

antigony

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Can't be bothered to re-read my text
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 11:05:47 pm »
I usually read the text once, then read through the chapter summaries on sparknotes when I need a refresher (or if it's an obscure text, make my own summaries as I read). As long as you make sure to refer to the book for specific stylistic features in key events, you should be fine.

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 11:42:55 pm »
I actually never even read some of my texts fully, but then again I hated English and didn't get a band 6

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 01:03:15 pm »
+1
I also dislike one of the texts we are studying and I don't think I will watch it before exams to be honest  😂

So instead of watching it again, I'll just read notes like you are doing now and maybe rewatching 1 or 2 scenes.

I don't think rewatching is necessary, but brushing up certainly is.

(:
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 08:01:20 pm »
If you don't understand major things in the text, it might be important to re-read it. It sounds like it might be a good idea, but if you are lacking motivation in all areas, you do need to priorities.

As long as you brush up on things like everyone else said, that should be enough, in conjunction with practising your writing.