Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:55 pm

Author Topic: I need to eat more.  (Read 33714 times)

tomatosauce

• Forum Obsessive
  • Masters degree in Procrastination
  • Respect: +115
Re: I need to eat more.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 04:55:07 pm »
+1
today is our cross-country, so hopefully I’ll have the energy to come better than third place this year due to these changes!
How did it go? by the way... third place is amazing! 😲

exactly what’s happened to me with drinking! Keep working on improving your habits; you’ll get there. We’re barracking for you! :)
Thanks! I drank 600ml today! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 Probably sounds stupid... but its soooooo long since I've done that I can't believe it!
Someone told me to grow up yesterday. I immediately banned that person from ever riding my unicorn!
Class of 2020 graduate... if I ever get there! :D
Year 11 - 2019:
English, Math Methods, VET Business 3/4, Legal Studies and Accounting

Year 12 - 2020:
English, VET Accounting 3/4, Math Methods, Legal Studies and VCE Accounting

2021: Chartered Accountant ;)

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 05:46:05 pm »
+11
How did it go? by the way... third place is amazing! 😲

Thanks! I drank 600ml today! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 Probably sounds stupid... but its soooooo long since I've done that I can't believe it!
Thanks, TS! I can run a fair way haha - don't do it often though. And didn't actually end up running at all! It was a) pouring rain, b) Relay for Life and c) vine compilations are a lot more important.
And congratulations! I tried today, but after ~500mLs I needed to pee so bad and I didn't want to pee at school lol

So...

I HAD AN ORANGE FOR BREAKFAST YEAH at least it was something lol

Also managed to eat two pieces of bread, a packet of chips and an avocado, and then some muesli when I got home. (Techno, tell them I'm actually eating) I'll be having quesadillas tonight, too! Decided that the best course of action is to organise food the night before, because I literally end up just sitting on the kitchen floor staring into space the next morning if I don't haha ;-;

Thanks for the encouragement again, everyone! It really is very motivating. :)
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 05:27:23 pm »
+8
And welcome back to the hit show 'Nina is a Hypocrite'. Today, Nina is a Hypocrite, as well as an idiot!

Confession time: I haven't been eating breakfast much. And I haven't been organising stuff the night before. :( Kind of ashamed about it because last week I was so hyped, but I've been busy (or kind of drunk or crying or hey, why not all three) so I've been in not the best mindset for remembering food and water. Missed lunch a couple of times. Like, a lot of a couple of times. Also recess. And breakfast. Today I fed it to my chicken friends and cuddled one as I pondered the meaning of our existence. I've had about 50mLs to drink today, so I'm going to get on that right now. But it's a hard road, my kind fellows. I just want to make this a habit before exams, and the rest of my life...
I'll get to the Hail Mary's soon, I swear.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 05:48:21 pm »
+3
And welcome back to the hit show 'Nina is a Hypocrite'. Today, Nina is a Hypocrite, as well as an idiot!

Confession time: I haven't been eating breakfast much. And I haven't been organising stuff the night before. :( Kind of ashamed about it because last week I was so hyped, but I've been busy (or kind of drunk or crying or hey, why not all three) so I've been in not the best mindset for remembering food and water. Missed lunch a couple of times. Like, a lot of a couple of times. Also recess. And breakfast. Today I fed it to my chicken friends and cuddled one as I pondered the meaning of our existence. I've had about 50mLs to drink today, so I'm going to get on that right now. But it's a hard road, my kind fellows. I just want to make this a habit before exams, and the rest of my life...
I'll get to the Hail Mary's soon, I swear.

Thank you for keeping us updated :)

Do you have things you can quickly grab such as fruit, nuts, muesli bars  or get more of those things stocked in the house? It's completely ok to not get into a great routine first try, in psych we use use transtheoretical model of behaviour change which has the stages: precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action and maintanence. In this model, relapse is considered normal. You reached the action stage, and when you relapsed you went to contemplation again - so not even the lowest level.      Maybe talking about VCE content isn't the most comforting thing for a year 12 student, but the message is this:   it's so normal to not achieve your new habit 100% of the time that even VCAA says it's fine, or actually, normal  to ""fail"" multiple times.  You've just hit a failure, and that one less failure standing between you and success.

PS. the model also says to keep telling us about your progress - that improves how likely you are to succeed quickly

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 06:00:50 pm »
+6
Do you have things you can quickly grab such as fruit, nuts, muesli bars  or get more of those things stocked in the house? It's completely ok to not get into a great routine first try, in psych we use use transtheoretical model of behaviour change which has the stages: precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action and maintanence. In this model, relapse is considered normal.
Hiya!

Yup!I’m getting little fruit cups; not muesli bars though. Rationing to one a day. I just feel really bad for the plastic wrapping on everything, so I tend to shy away from wrappers I can’t recycle. That’s probably another thing preventing me from eating haha. School’s also a nut-free zone, so I munch on them at home but not during the day. When I’m rushed or preoccupied, that’s when I don’t eat. I consistently eat dinner, and most of the time I have afternoon tea, but it’s not enough and I end up fatigued and depressed. Classic. ;-;

Working, working, working on getting better. I think I’m still mentally in the prep stage ^-^

Thanks, mini :) I’ll do my best to keep you guys updated!

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 07:50:17 pm »
+6
(Techno, tell them I'm actually eating)

oops, I have somehow missed your updates here, but yes I can confirm that Poet has been eating more, I have seen it with my own eyes  :o
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

tomatosauce

• Forum Obsessive
  • Masters degree in Procrastination
  • Respect: +115
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 11:29:09 am »
+2
Heya... Sooo good to see you are improving... it's really hard to get out of the groove isn't it? Once again I've had one or two good weeks and I'm back to eating barely anything again :-\
Confession time: I haven't been eating breakfast much. Missed lunch a couple of times. Like, a lot of a couple of times. Also recess. And breakfast.
)
This is SOOOOOO familiar... right now I am feeling sick because I didn't bring enough recess/lunch to school and took my tablets on an empty stomach this morning... WHAT WAS I THINKING??? btw... even if i did have food here I probably wouldn't have even eaten it - either I just don't feel like eating it or can't be bothered!
yes I can confirm that Poet has been eating more, I have seen it with my own eyes  :o
Keeping accountable is such a help... I find it's so easy to lie when no-one watched me eat. (I feel like whatever I tell mum, she has no reason to think otherwise... so eg. she has no idea I actually ate the sweet stuff n threw out the sandwich!) this is not just an example... more like my life story
Keep up the updates... it's good to know you are on the improve :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:35:06 am by tomatosauce »
Someone told me to grow up yesterday. I immediately banned that person from ever riding my unicorn!
Class of 2020 graduate... if I ever get there! :D
Year 11 - 2019:
English, Math Methods, VET Business 3/4, Legal Studies and Accounting

Year 12 - 2020:
English, VET Accounting 3/4, Math Methods, Legal Studies and VCE Accounting

2021: Chartered Accountant ;)

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 09:05:25 am »
+11
Today, I ate breakfast.
AND I have lasagne for lunch.
Boom.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2018, 09:16:50 am »
+9
Today, I ate breakfast.
AND I have lasagne for lunch.
Boom.
Kicking goals! 👐
Keep it up, Poet! ^_^
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2018, 11:20:30 am »
+9
Kicking goals! 👐
Keep it up, Poet! ^_^
Yah, thanks, Lou! 💕

It’s been a little while - I’ve been eating more regularly, which is good, and I’ve been training myself to eat in public so I had TWO WHOLE PIZZA SLICES at the lectures last weekend!! There’s been a couple of hiccups along the way (aka not eating until dinner time yesterday hehehe) but that’s more down to me just studying straight through mealtimes or travelling or... something. Anyway, I’ve had breakfast almost every day this week, and along with the sunshine I’ve been feeling a bit better. :)) Yay for me!

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 01:53:15 pm »
+10
Stress hits, I procrastinate everything. That includes studying, sleeping and eating. So, it's been a monumental effort for me these past couple of days. I managed some yoghurt and strawberries yesterday, and today I've had some curry. Been trying to graze on nuts as the day(s) goes by, too, so I've been eating well enough that I can concentrate... mostly. I just feel sick right now. Been drinking more, though, which is a positive! :)

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2018, 04:51:39 pm »
+14
Hi all - time for another update, I guess. :)
I'm still eating (most of the time), so it's definitely a slow but steady improvement. However, my appetite does fluctuate drastically in conjunction with my mental well-being, so whenever I'm low I don't each as much or as healthily as I should. But I pushed through that this morning and managed to eat a decent serve of yoghurt and berries to get me started on my day; on the drinking side of things, I've been slowly but steadily re-hydrating myself after a bad bout of vomiting haha, so hopefully I'll get into the habit by the time exams roll around!
Keep going, kids! :)

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 11:32:46 am »
+15
I'VE HAD BREAKFAST THREE DAYS IN A ROW!! Whoop whoop!
I'm still trying to force myself into a rhythm, and now I'm on SWOTVAC it's a good time to just continue a steady routine that'll get me through exams. I threw up again last night, but I'm pretty sure it's just down to stress now, which sucks but it's okay. I've been drinking a lot more and my lips actually aren't cracked right now, which is a miracle haha - it's been a steady improvement but when I look at myself in the mirror I can sort of see the change. I look healthier, and it's good. Now I just need to get over this hayfever...
See y'all 'round, stay cool <3

Poet

• Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2018, 10:11:03 am »
+12
(I think I'm accidentally slowly turning vegetarian - meat makes me feel sick rn lel)
so i'M DePrEsSeD ((((aGaIn)))) and eating is a struggle. Meat especially but like everything but Two Fruits and water is just not appetising. I'm ashamed to say that the last couple of days have consisted of me eating a couple oranges, rice and yoghurt, and apple sauce. It's the stress, but also that little voice in the back of my head constantly telling me how gross I am. So, here's the deal. I'm going to sit here, right now, with a bowl of porridge and Two Fruits, and a glass of apple and mango juice, and I am going to ingest it all. And depression can bite me.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2018, 10:50:42 am »
+5
If meat nauseates you how about falafels, mushrooms, legumes,  tofu (I don't line the plain stuff but Malaysian satay is good), textured vegetable protein, veggie burgers or tempeh?

Maybe you could buy frozen veggies, microwave them and add them to your rice (or 2 min noodles or w/e) ?

Obviously I'm not a nutritionist but I'm happy to volunteer easy recipes if that can potentially help

Thank you for intervening by having some stuff now <3