Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:10 am

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 336331 times)  Share 

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #1035 on: February 13, 2019, 01:52:47 pm »
That's what I'd do unless you live super close - or watch the livestreams if that's an option so you're less likely to procrastinate it

Thanks! Yeah I don’t live very close so it would be too much of an inconvenience to show up for only one hour on Wednesdays. Watching the streams is also an option, thanks again.

pha0015

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1036 on: February 16, 2019, 05:19:07 pm »
How do you import your timetable to your google calendar?

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #1037 on: February 16, 2019, 05:42:05 pm »
+4
How do you import your timetable to your google calendar?
It's a bit hidden, but here's some screenies.

First load up my.monash and then click the search button:

Then search up "news", news and feeds should show up, click it:

Then go for calendar feeds:

It should take you to this page which will have your timetable link for you to import into google calendar! :)

Hope this helps! :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

pha0015

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1038 on: February 16, 2019, 05:54:48 pm »
It's a bit hidden, but here's some screenies.

First load up my.monash and then click the search button:
(Image removed from quote.)

Then search up "news", news and feeds should show up, click it:

Then go for calendar feeds:

It should take you to this page which will have your timetable link for you to import into google calendar! :)

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks so much. I kinda tinkered around looking for it.
Came across this link
http://mymonashupdates.blogspot.com/2017/02/import-your-timetable-into-your-google.html
and did search news but I didn't scroll down enough to get to the news feed.

pha0015

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1039 on: February 16, 2019, 06:45:10 pm »
Another question, what restrictions are there on the monash google account i.e. not being able to create a youtube account etc

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #1040 on: February 16, 2019, 07:05:42 pm »
+3
Another question, what restrictions are there on the monash google account i.e. not being able to create a youtube account etc
There's none specifically for the Monash Google account, but there is a whole bunch of policies regarding computer and internet use, which you can find here.
In saying that, use the Monash Google account and various other accounts responsibly (and, preferably, professionally).
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

KhmerBoyZ

• Adventurer
  • Love and be loved
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1041 on: February 17, 2019, 01:20:08 pm »
Hey guys,

Im graduating next year but I'm already considering uni options right now... yikes!

My question is if I get a high ATAR and want to get into a course that has prerequisites that I don't study... will you still accept me?

For example, the course I want to get into is bachelor of commerce, which requires a prerequisite of 25 SS in methods. Only problem is I'm not doing methods but if I get a high ATAR will you still accept me?

Thanks in advance :)
2019: 1/2 English, 1/2 General Mathematics, 1/2 Accounting, 1/2 Business Management, 1/2 Economics, 3/4 Physical Education.

2020: Loading...

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #1042 on: February 17, 2019, 01:27:34 pm »
+3
Hey guys,

Im graduating next year but I'm already considering uni options right now... yikes!

My question is if I get a high ATAR and want to get into a course that has prerequisites that I don't study... will you still accept me?

For example, the course I want to get into is bachelor of commerce, which requires a prerequisite of 25 SS in methods. Only problem is I'm not doing methods but if I get a high ATAR will you still accept me?

prerequisites are probably the most inflexible of things out of the entry requirements so it is very unlikely that you will be offered a place in  a course that you don't fulfil prerequisites in - the only way to get in is that you would have to do some sort of bridging course that covers methods and have it accepted/verified by Monash. On the other hand, you can usually get in with ATARs lower than the stated required.

KhmerBoyZ

• Adventurer
  • Love and be loved
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1043 on: February 17, 2019, 02:41:56 pm »
prerequisites are probably the most inflexible of things out of the entry requirements so it is very unlikely that you will be offered a place in  a course that you don't fulfil prerequisites in - the only way to get in is that you would have to do some sort of bridging course that covers methods and have it accepted/verified by Monash. On the other hand, you can usually get in with ATARs lower than the stated required.

if I get accepted into the Monash extension program studying accounting and finance, I'll get credit for bachelor of commerce... will those credits be enough for me to get into the course without having studied methods?
2019: 1/2 English, 1/2 General Mathematics, 1/2 Accounting, 1/2 Business Management, 1/2 Economics, 3/4 Physical Education.

2020: Loading...

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #1044 on: February 17, 2019, 02:49:55 pm »
+1
if I get accepted into the Monash extension program studying accounting and finance, I'll get credit for bachelor of commerce... will those credits be enough for me to get into the course without having studied methods?
No I don't think so. As someone who completed MUEP in 2016 it doesn't give you priority in obtaining a position in a course or able to bypass prerequisites although you can allow it to count to your course.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #1045 on: February 17, 2019, 05:34:21 pm »
+1
Hey guys,

If you're specifically after a BComm at Monash, then I'd recommend:
(1) going to another uni which doesn't have a Methods prereq
(2) take the Methods bridging course, as Sine mentioned
(3) you could study a BBusiness at Monash (assuming you 25+ raw SS Further instead) and use your electives to cover the methods prereq*.

If you use the first or third route and you achieve good uni grades (usually 70+ WAM, but sometimes 75+ WAM due to competition), you might be able to transfer into the BComm at Monash after a semester or two.

*Not entirely sure this third way works, despite hearing that it might, so call Monash Connect directly about this to be 100% certain.
VTAC Info Thread

pha0015

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1046 on: February 22, 2019, 07:30:15 pm »
Hi, how necessary is Top Hat, especially since it's $11 a semester?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #1047 on: February 22, 2019, 10:33:04 pm »
Hi, how necessary is Top Hat, especially since it's $11 a semester?
Could you provide more context? Not exactly sure what you're after.
VTAC Info Thread

pha0015

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1048 on: February 22, 2019, 10:38:48 pm »
Could you provide more context? Not exactly sure what you're after.

I think it's sort of like an app that allows you to interact with the lecture, such as giving answers to a question on the pp. I'm just wondering if it's ever been used for say quizzes that go towards your assessment or anything similar that would impact my wam.

https://tophat.com/

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #1049 on: February 22, 2019, 10:59:02 pm »
I think it's sort of like an app that allows you to interact with the lecture, such as giving answers to a question on the pp. I'm just wondering if it's ever been used for say quizzes that go towards your assessment or anything similar that would impact my wam.

https://tophat.com/

Ah, sorry about that. They had the MARS system and physical clickers before this (Top Hat is newer), hence why I'm unfamiliar with it. I assume it'd work similarly though. If you have in-lecture assessment in the form of clicker-style questions, it'd most likely be done through Top Hat now. I'd recommend using the Monash Subject Reviews, your handbook entries or unit guides (if available) to assess whether you will have any in-lecture clicker-style questions. Seeing as the uni is asking you to use it, my guess is that they'll tell you in the first lecture if that purchase is necessary and, if it's needed, but actually free (since they cover the cost), then they'll probably give some form of access code to bypass the cost. If it's needed, but the uni doesn't cover the cost, then you'd know through the first lecture and can pay as necessary. Another way to know prior to the first lecture would be to ask via Moodle, if it's available already. 
VTAC Info Thread