Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:28:50 am

Author Topic: Post HSC effects  (Read 17988 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Post HSC effects
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 11:11:49 pm »
+1
I have the weirdest feeling... I feel depressed tbh... hopefully I get out of this rut haha

It's okay Sanaz, I felt a bit the same after my HSC! Didn't really know what to do with myself. You'll adjust pretty quick to all your new found spare time I am sure! ;D

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 10:48:38 am »

I literally feel like i have no purpose or direction anymore, but i like being able to watch TV without feeling guilty, and i wont miss waking up at 6am.

Im excited to party with friends, going overseas, and who knows if i get really bored ill excercise...??? Im pretty sure i should plant a tree or two, considering the amount of paper i used up this year...

I actually find myself feeling the guilt of procrastination and have to consistently remind myself I have nothing to feel guilty about haha I guess old habits are hard to shake. And I absolutely love your tree planting idea! That should seriously become a after HSC tradition (although I feel like I would have to plant a forest to compensate... My english teacher sure loves his readers)
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

melprocrastinator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 11:20:35 am »
I do indeed remember marking it; I'm so happy it made an appearance for you! ;D bet you absolutely smashed it, congratulations on getting to the end! ;D ohh, planting a tree is actually a really cool idea, that should be a thing!

We hope you'll hang around a bit, let us know how you went and what you are up to. Congratulations once again! ;D

Thankyou, ill be sure to let you know how it all goes. This is really bad, i guess my head has just been in other places, but when do the results come out???

ahaha yes, planting a tree should be a thing, there should be some sort of HSC forest. ;D

I actually find myself feeling the guilt of procrastination and have to consistently remind myself I have nothing to feel guilty about haha I guess old habits are hard to shake. And I absolutely love your tree planting idea! That should seriously become a after HSC tradition (although I feel like I would have to plant a forest to compensate... My english teacher sure loves his readers)

yes i know what you mean. I was kinda joking about the tree thing, but i actually think i might need too. I keep finding more sheets of paper, long after i thought i had cleared everything.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 11:40:33 am »
Whilst we're on the note of trees

Extension 2 maths is the biggest killer of trees ever (during HSC)

ayesha2011t

Post HSC effects
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2016, 11:41:41 am »
+5
Hey guys, I'm doing VCE and am still in year 11 so I can't relate fully to you all (': but, since you all are feeling lost, I think giving this a shot would be worthwhile. It's becoming a UN volunteer, but the best part is, it's all online. So you can choose what you're interested in, and then u just volunteer away from your laptops. It could be teaching english to students overseas, or even if you aren't an english person, writing up some UN-related reports, research reports, or even translating some work (if you are fluent in other languages).
I mean the list is endless, and I feel like it would be such a cool experience, you're helping people around the world while still at home! So, maybe just surf around on the website and you might like something you would want to do (:

https://www.unv.org/

Edit: I also just realised, it would look smashing in future resumes ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:45:30 am by moaning myrtle »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2016, 12:53:35 pm »
Hey guys, I'm doing VCE and am still in year 11 so I can't relate fully to you all (': but, since you all are feeling lost, I think giving this a shot would be worthwhile. It's becoming a UN volunteer, but the best part is, it's all online. So you can choose what you're interested in, and then u just volunteer away from your laptops. It could be teaching english to students overseas, or even if you aren't an english person, writing up some UN-related reports, research reports, or even translating some work (if you are fluent in other languages).
I mean the list is endless, and I feel like it would be such a cool experience, you're helping people around the world while still at home! So, maybe just surf around on the website and you might like something you would want to do (:

Holy cow how cool is that!! What an awesome opportunity, thanks for sharing Myrtle! ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2016, 01:28:03 pm »
+3
Hiya, friends!

I actually had no idea what I was meant to do after finishing Year 12, and this thread sort of prompted me to write a quick little post here. It's from a Victorian perspective, but most of it is generic enough to still be relevant. :)

Congratulations to everybody for finishing! Awesome. No more HSC! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2016, 01:33:01 pm »

I got seriously excited reading and 100% going to sign up! Thanking for sharing it!
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »
Whilst we're on the note of trees

Extension 2 maths is the biggest killer of trees ever (during HSC)

I spent all day yesterday creating piles of all the work I plan on burning and in separating it into subject matter I can definitely say that I was shocked by the amount of maths work I had accumulated these last 2 years. It was actually my second largest pile (after english)!!
--HSC subjects--

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2016, 01:43:52 pm »
I spent all day yesterday creating piles of all the work I plan on burning and in separating it into subject matter I can definitely say that I was shocked by the amount of maths work I had accumulated these last 2 years. It was actually my second largest pile (after english)!!
Maths. Kills. Trees.

It's the only externality I dislike about it aha

ayesha2011t

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2016, 02:44:31 pm »

Holy cow how cool is that!! What an awesome opportunity, thanks for sharing Myrtle! ;D
I got seriously excited reading and 100% going to sign up! Thanking for sharing it!
No worries guys! (:

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2016, 04:12:58 pm »
(:
this has to be a bannable offence writing a smiley face like that right?
everyone knows its :) not the other way around
I'll issue you a warning for now because it's your first time offence
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

ayesha2011t

Post HSC effects
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »
Sorry! /:
I like to be unique (: 

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2016, 04:32:30 pm »

Swag; you'd be a scary asf mod.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2016, 04:48:32 pm »
Swag; you'd be a scary asf mod.