Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:42:52 am

Author Topic: Biology Research Investigation from last year  (Read 2413 times)

WillHansen

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Biology Research Investigation from last year
« on: February 22, 2020, 02:10:23 pm »
+1
This is my research investigation from last year, I received a 20/20 for it however, I would like to know whereabouts I can improve in this task for future assessments.

Thanks,

Will.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Biology Research Investigation from last year
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 10:50:37 am »
+1
Hey,

I have highlighted some sections for you to review, generally in regards to grammar or unwieldy sentence structures. Aside from the English side of things:

- I like that your rationale builds towards your research question and that you use referencing frequently, however, you could further improve this by refining your flow of information. You identify an issue in how few people with an addiction disorder are treated and use this to highlight the importance of finding the most effective model of treatment; however, it would be more logical for that evidence to lead to an exploration of barriers in accessing treatment or for you to have provided evidence that not all treatment was (equally) effective.
- Dopamine can act as both a neurotransmitter and a neurohormone. When it is acting on a neurotransmitter it should be described as such rather than as a neurohormone - be careful of this
- What referencing system are you using? Check how multiple references are cited together in text
- In future, you should refrain from describing populations as "difficult and ignorant" - this is not a scientific descriptor. Your subsequent sentence is fine.
- You would not be "disproving" anything regardless of your statistical analysis.

Congrats on your achievement and I hope you find this useful :)