Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:57:28 pm

Author Topic: VCE Attendance 2020 Questions  (Read 1533 times)  Share 

victorrr

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
VCE Attendance 2020 Questions
« on: February 24, 2020, 05:20:12 pm »
I am currently in year 12 and I was just wondering what is the actual required attendance rate/percentage needed to pass?

I usually go to my normal classes, but I decide to skip homeroom (class before first period) due to it being so useless and stupid, and then sign in at the school reception. I have already skipped homeroom enough for my homeroom teacher to call my parents, who don't really care if I go as long as my grades are up.

My grades are all good, no failing or average classes, and my teachers know I perform. If I were to continue skipping homeroom and even some classes would there be any real repercussions?

I feel like my school is just trying to threaten me into coming to school more. I have read other posts, but they are all outdated and I am unsure if the information said is still relevant.

I just need some current evidence to use against my school just in case they come to attack me.

P.S I am also doing distance education for one of my classes, so technically can I use that for a reason for not coming to school/homeroom for some days?

Thanks  :D

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: VCE Attendance 2020 Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 05:40:18 pm »
+7
Your school will have a policy outlining attendance requirements (it's usually 90%) and they can fail you if you significantly breach that policy. This applies individually to each subject, so missing homeroom doesn't mean they can fail you for vce subjects, however they can impose other penalties if they want (e.g. detention, not allowing you to attend formal/graduation, etc.)
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra