HSC Stuff > New South Wales Technical Score Discussion

Outliers

(1/3) > >>

paigek3:
How far away does an outlier have to be? In my legal class I'm 8 marks (91%) ahead of second, and some people in my class are getting in the 40s%. Am I far enough ahead to be an outlier or not?

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: paigek3 on August 31, 2017, 05:07:50 pm ---How far away does an outlier have to be? In my legal class I'm 8 marks (91%) ahead of second, and some people in my class are getting in the 40s%. Am I far enough ahead to be an outlier or not?

--- End quote ---

You are first place, so you are automatically an 'outlier' of sorts. Your internal mark is guaranteed to be equal to the highest aligned exam mark in the room - So if you score the highest in the exam, your cohort will have no effect on you whatsoever :)

dancing phalanges:
Hey Jamon,
Just a question regarding this. I'm first in French Continuers with 81 but 2nd is on 70, 3rd is on 60 and 4th (we only have 4 in our class) is on 50.
Will their marks affect me? Thanks :)

paigek3:

--- Quote from: jamonwindeyer on August 31, 2017, 05:29:33 pm ---You are first place, so you are automatically an 'outlier' of sorts. Your internal mark is guaranteed to be equal to the highest aligned exam mark in the room - So if you score the highest in the exam, your cohort will have no effect on you whatsoever :)

--- End quote ---

Great thanks so much for that!! All this moderating, scaling and all the rest can get a bit overwhelming to figure out sometimes 😅

One more question, if I was to get the top mark in the hsc exam too, would my assessment mark and exam mark be the same? Or are they scaled/moderated differently

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: dancing phalanges on August 31, 2017, 05:54:32 pm ---Hey Jamon,
Just a question regarding this. I'm first in French Continuers with 81 but 2nd is on 70, 3rd is on 60 and 4th (we only have 4 in our class) is on 50.
Will their marks affect me? Thanks :)

--- End quote ---

Nope! Provided you come first in the external exam, it will be like they never existed in the first place :)

--- Quote from: paigek3 on August 31, 2017, 06:09:38 pm ---Great thanks so much for that!! All this moderating, scaling and all the rest can get a bit overwhelming to figure out sometimes 😅

One more question, if I was to get the top mark in the hsc exam too, would my assessment mark and exam mark be the same? Or are they scaled/moderated differently

--- End quote ---

^ They would be the same! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version