Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:40:09 am

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378433 times)  Share 

iconicx

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1440 on: August 13, 2019, 07:42:59 am »
What time are you, im 9:54 haha

Dphammy:P

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1441 on: August 13, 2019, 09:23:28 am »
Did anyone feel like they screwed up the interview!?!
Feels same here, I stuck once for like every sentence, what I prepared and memorized are a lot different from what is actually asked. I basically have make up everything in a minute from scratch.

Yes I am having mixed feelings rn. Don’t know what the results will be but I anticipate for the best.

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1442 on: August 13, 2019, 09:29:32 am »
+1
Yes I am having mixed feelings rn. Don’t know what the results will be but I anticipate for the best.
Did anyone feel like they screwed up the interview!?!
Feels same here, I stuck once for like every sentence, what I prepared and memorized are a lot different from what is actually asked. I basically have make up everything in a minute from scratch.
DW guys, we have done everything that we can, let's just hope for the best, but we should always be prepared for the worst. Tbh with you all, I am surprised that I got into the interviews itself! And for those who still have interviews, good luck!!

Umar but with O

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1443 on: August 13, 2019, 12:53:33 pm »
Hi all,

I got an interview email today...
for tomorrow...

Umar but with O

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1444 on: August 13, 2019, 01:17:59 pm »
They called and said they sent it before. Cant find it in Junk or Spam.
the one they sent today says 30th July on it however.

Behold
ACTUAL THING:

START___
Dear parent

Thank you for allowing your son/daughter to register for entry into the John Monash Science School. As part of this process, we would like to invite ME for an interview.

Details of the interview are as follows:

Date of interview:            14 Aug

Time:                                     11:22 am

Venue:                                 John Monash Science School

39 Innovation Walk

Monash University

Wellington Road

Clayton

VIC  3800

Only students will be required at the interview. Our Registrar/Operations Manager, Trish Shaw-Elliott, will be at the General Office to welcome you.  Please arrive 10 minutes earlier than the appointed time. Interviews will be approximately 40 minutes in duration; however candidates are advised to allow 80 minutes for any delays that may occur. Parents are welcome to wait at reception or return 1.5 hours after drop off. There is a considerable amount of construction underway on the campus which causes access and parking restrictions. Please see the Monash University website for a map that outlines the access restrictions and parking facilities on Campus and factor this into your travel plans.

Here is the link https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/71686/3-Claytoncolour.pdf

Please bring copies of the following documents to the interview:

Copies of the student’s 2018 end of year and 2019 mid-year reports, if available. If the 2019 mid-year report is not available at the time of interview, a copy must be sent to JMSS as soon after you receive it as practicable.
Copies of the documents will be retained by John Monash Science School until the end of the selection process.

Any other documents which you consider relevant, such as:
Evidence of participation in co-curricular activities or leadership roles
Any certificates or awards you feel might be of interest to the panel (Any medals/trophies should be photographed)
Any evidence of involvement in science beyond the general school curriculum

No original documents will be accepted and those documents presented for consideration should be in one clear sheet protector, not in a folder.

To confirm your child’s attendance at this interview and if you have any further queries, please e-mail our Registrar/Operations Manager, Trish Shaw-Elliott at [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

Peter Corkill

Principal

John Monash Science School

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.

______END

Can't be spam
and every1 knos dat no one can make up something so elaborately in the time I took to respond to ur reply.

Umar but with O

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1445 on: August 13, 2019, 01:26:52 pm »
Anyways, Imma need some help for tomorrow.

1. What questions are they gonna ask:
2.Is any1 still left.
3. What do I need to bring: (Awards, Certificates, Reports) 3a. Is it enough to just say that you did so and so or such and such an activity/feat.
  - for reports, i cant do much coz i'm homeschooled.
4. Question 1 repeat. But more clarified (soz).

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1446 on: August 13, 2019, 01:33:26 pm »
I just had the interview, I don't think I'll get in. BTW, for anyone wondering what the maths quiz and activites are, no point asking as they change the activities every day or so. My friend from yesterday had a completely different maths quiz to me.

Umar but with O

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1447 on: August 13, 2019, 01:41:11 pm »
I just had the interview, I don't think I'll get in. BTW, for anyone wondering what the maths quiz and activites are, no point asking as they change the activities every day or so. My friend from yesterday had a completely different maths quiz to me.

Ok so I need an idea of what they ask in the Maths quiz. can you tell me yours.
As well as that what other types of questions do they ask apart from that.

edit: can you guide me to which pages in this topic I need to look to for answers relevant to my questions

edit2: Is dere any1 I can PM for clarification. Everything is just so diluted in the previous pages.

thanks heaps.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:45:15 pm by Umar but with O »

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1448 on: August 13, 2019, 01:44:00 pm »
Ngl, just read the whole thread from page 1-98. It's not that long, should only take u half an hour max, it has a lot of useful info

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1449 on: August 13, 2019, 01:45:35 pm »
My maths quiz was a number puzzle

breathe123

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1450 on: August 13, 2019, 05:35:52 pm »
Hey guys I got an email to come tomorrow to the interview, I had actually got the email in the first round and it was in my mum's spam that we didn't check. I feel so mad because I could have had two weeks to prepare. So could someone quickly PM their question so I can just see how hard they may be. Could they also give me some advice? Thanks

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1451 on: August 13, 2019, 05:38:41 pm »
Hey guys I got an email to come tomorrow to the interview, I had actually got the email in the first round and it was in my mum's spam that we didn't check. I feel so mad because I could have had two weeks to prepare. So could someone quickly PM their question so I can just see how hard they may be. Could they also give me some advice? Thanks
U r lying, and you know who i am. ;)

Anyway will send u a PM buddy  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:49:30 pm by ^^^111^^^ »

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1452 on: August 13, 2019, 05:47:04 pm »
lmao why would it come in your spam and youre so lucky that the interview hasnt already passed.

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1453 on: August 13, 2019, 05:48:07 pm »
Don’t be too pessimistic. If you think you screwed it up, how do you know others did better?
I'm not being pessimistic,just telling the truth cos I feel like a failure (but will take care of that mindset) I am just saying the truth. And if you do not mind me asking, why are you deleting your other posts?

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1454 on: August 13, 2019, 07:25:41 pm »
lmao why would it come in your spam and youre so lucky that the interview hasnt already passed.
Mine was in the spam, I don't think he's lying.