Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:27:32 am

Author Topic: UoM Chancellor's Scholarship  (Read 1920 times)  Share 

sohnaeo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
UoM Chancellor's Scholarship
« on: January 09, 2021, 08:31:36 am »
Hi there
I am a NSW Yr 12 graduate and feel lucky to get offfer  to accept the Chancellor's scholarship at the University of Melbourne. I did bit of research and found out Melbourne Uni Medicine program is excellent and rewarding and only my worry is passing MMI before starting medicine degree. I am wondering, as i have intentions of getting into the Doctor of Medicine through their graduate entry program, how many people pass the MMI that is required at the end of the 3rd year undergrad course i.e. do most people get into their graduate course? This is a tough decision fand some help/advice would be much appreciated .

I read somewhere I can either do MMI this before your degree or at the end of the degree. Frankly if I want medicine now, I’ll do it before I even accept the offer, so you actually know you are going to get into medicine. Is it true?

Secondly,  let's say you fail MMI interviews,  there is straight NO or process in place to have another interview chance or some guidance/help

Leronziia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +38
Re: UoM Chancellor's Scholarship
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:07:35 pm »
+1
I did the interview during 3rd year Biomedicine. You sit the interview at the same time as the other candidates and scored the same way, however, nobody knows where the pass/fail threshold is for Chancellor's people (each station is scored out of 20 and there are something like 8 stations?). Think I failed two stations, passed the rest and they didn't mind.

You won't be ranked in the same way as the majority of candidates with the GAMSAT + GPA formula thing. 

Regardless, from all reports, as long as you aren't a sociopath, it'll be fine.

2012: 99.95.
Completed: BBiomed (Micro&Immuno) & MD
Currently: Radiology Registrar