Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:57:52 am

Author Topic: Study habits discussion episode 1: Your ideal locations  (Read 3237 times)  Share 

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
Study habits discussion episode 1: Your ideal locations
« on: March 26, 2021, 06:25:41 pm »
+5
Has something like this been done on the forums yet? If so, I haven't seen it.

I feel so silly for still being uncertain about my ideal study location. I've been through primary and secondary school. Home seems comfortable enough, but sometimes it can be the perfect environment for wasting the entire day. You probably know the sinking feeling of not having started a task until it's cramming time. This also has an adverse effect on your health and wellbeing.

The library seems like an obvious and rational choice. What were libraries made for? But from my experience, being in an unfamiliar environment sort of demotivates me. I guess it's the feeling of isolation from everyone else around you.

Or you may have some other place that you can use to get right in the zone. Where is your ideal zone? Why is it your ideal zone? Do you change it up sometimes? Let the community know!
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
Re: Study habits discussion episode 1: Your ideal locations
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 08:47:16 pm »
+3
The library *cough,cough* the city library is my absolute go-to place.
Due to the limited distractions and the fact other people are working, it helps me get into a productive zone.
Also, the fear of having any property being stolen also helps with the motivation for not leaving your seat until you have done your work aha.
2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 09:02:51 pm »
+3
My ideal location (last year before it closed) was the library because it was so close to where I live. Now I have to walk to the other library on campus which is about a 15minute walk. Late night studying has also become more of a thing these days.

Back in Highschool since I didn't have my license it was home, a table in the dining room so that I wasn't wanting to sleep every time I was studying plus the table was bigger.
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 09:41:12 pm »
+1
Thought I'd share some unideal locations that I've learned to adapt to study at:

- In the kitchen keeping an eye on my puppy - can be very noisy if other family members are around
- On the train
- Uni library silent zone (actually not too bad, but plenty of windows with interesting things going on that I can distract myself with, e.g. a scooba diving course at the pool)

Ideally, I think the desk in my room is best. It's got plenty of room to spread myself out, a window to get some daylight in (but no distractions, since a bush from the garden occupies most it), less noisy than the rest of my house. To optimise the experience, maybe having a candle burning and my cat napping in my room (or on me :) ) to keep me company is perfect.
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 04:37:58 pm »
+1
The uni library. With a tiny sheltered little booth. Or any other quiet library, really.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.