Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:32:03 am

Author Topic: How hard is it to get a high WAM?  (Read 6680 times)  Share 

justaquestion

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How hard is it to get a high WAM?
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:26:44 pm »
I am currently in year 12 doing VCE and I would love to do law/arts at Monash. However, I do not think I will get the 94+ score I need to get in so my plan is to get into arts at Monash, then transfer to arts/law at the end of the year (if not possible sooner).

I have heard that I need a WAM in the high 70s at the very least if not in the 80s, so hard is this to achieve? I would be doing subjects that I enjoy, international studies and a language if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

Mafioso

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: How hard is it to get a high WAM?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:40:21 am »
However, I do not think I will get the 94+ score...

94+? I'm pretty sure the Arts/Law cut-off was 98 this year.

As for the high 70s WAM, it all depends on what units you choose. As you said, picking subjects that you're genuinely interested in maximises your chances of a transfer. Some units are easier than others and many people that are aiming for a transfer generally pick easier units.

Have a look a look at the Monash Subject Reviews and Ratings and see what they say about the Arts units.
Currently tutoring Business Management [50].  Spots open for 2015

justaquestion

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: How hard is it to get a high WAM?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 04:19:31 pm »
94+? I'm pretty sure the Arts/Law cut-off was 98 this year.

As for the high 70s WAM, it all depends on what units you choose. As you said, picking subjects that you're genuinely interested in maximises your chances of a transfer. Some units are easier than others and many people that are aiming for a transfer generally pick easier units.

Have a look a look at the Monash Subject Reviews and Ratings and see what they say about the Arts units.

Thanks, the cut off is 98 but since I go to an 'under-represented school' it is 94.