Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 05:33:46 pm

Author Topic: calamity and sanity: my journey through vce  (Read 45261 times)

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Re: calamity and sanity: my journey through vce
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2019, 03:28:26 pm »
Anyone else been lacking motivation the past couple of weeks?
Aww, it sucks the you have been sick for the past couple of week, I hope that you are starting to get better and please take it easy. Better to take care of your health first!

Don't worry my motivation has been at an all time low. I think it is that time of year were it feels like there is no break in site. Best of luck in getting it back.  :)
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2019, 10:18:12 am »
+9
I’m back… I think. My mental health went down the drain a little (a lot), but I have great support people and I spent heaps of time with them. My past couple of weeks were really difficult, but I’m trying to get back on track with everything.

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been super involved in some things external to school which absorbed all of my time and energy. The highlight of these was going on youth camp with my church. I placed an entire homework ban on the weekend and I just really enjoyed spending time with my friends and feeling like a part of such a wonderfully kind community. We had so many fun times and basically spent the entire time singing, dancing and running around. Beach volleyball, rock climbing and watching the sunrise were the daily norm. Despite losing my voice, I was still able to thoroughly enjoy every single minute!

Although I did not do much homework, school has picked up. This week was meant to be really busy but the majority of my assessments have been moved to next week. I’m not really sure if I am happy about this or dreading it. Last week I had a maths test on Friday. (I got an A on it which is okay, but somewhat disappointing as I was enjoying being an A* student.) I had a scientific report due for my forensics class on Monday and another maths test yesterday.

NEXT WEEK:
Monday-
Tuesday- Biology Test
Wednesday- Religion Test, Forensics Test, History Test
Thursday-
Friday- History Excursion

I thought that I had a lot to do for each, but at present I am feeling on top of things (as long as I ignore the fact that I still haven’t finished To Kill A Mockingbird for English.)

At present, the main goal is survival. I have not had a weekend at home in months, and the next couple of weeks are no exception, so I will be particularly excited when the school holidays arrive. I am trying to cut down my commitments again, but we’ll see how that goes.

Also, I am super excited because I won a Swannie for debating, and our team lost our second match of the finals so we are done for the year. (Surprisingly, none of us were disappointed at the prospect of not doing another debate this year, even if it was a final.)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2019, 07:55:47 am »
+4
With cutting down commitments, my expeeience is the vast majority of places understand cutting back to focus more on your school work. Imo the hardest part by far is convincing yourself that you should drop something - others are much easier to convince.

It's hard to act on and realise that you don't have enough time to sustainably do everything, but ultimately you need to prioritise your wellbeing.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2019, 07:07:44 pm »
+10
Hey guys!
I'm having a really tough time at the minute. I really need the holidays to try and get my life back together again. It's like all the basic things have just gone out the window and I'm living in survival mode. Thankfully, the last of my assessments are out of the way for this term (except for a group assignment where someone hasn't finished their bit!.. but that's another story).

I have just been in a bit of a slump- I think it's because I'm so busy. Luckily a lot of my commitments are finishing up or easing off so I should have more time next term. Coupled with that, I just don't have the energy, motivation or sanity to use my time at home effectively. I'm just exhausted all the time and crying all the time about stupid things. My anxiety levels have been through the roof and it's like nothing I do will calm me down.

My marks have suffered a little, but not a lot, so people think it's stupid I'm worried.
warning
Religion U2 AoS1 Test 1: *been waiting all term...*
Religion U2 AoS1 Test 2: *still waiting.....*

Biology Task: B :o
Biology Test: A
English Essay: (finished today, but I actually think it went okay)
Forensics Prac Report: *still waiting*
Forensics Test: A
History Document Analysis: B*
Probability Test: A
Quadratics Test: B*
Quadratics Task: A

In happier news, I'm super excited for my weekend and without the burden of assignments or tests I think I might actually enjoy it.

Friday Night: Games with my best friends in the whole world!
Saturday: I'm going with the respite care group I help with to a children's farm. I'll then work a couple of hours before heading to a sleepover party.
Sunday: After the party, I'll see my friends at church and then head to YouthFest for the rest of the day. I'm helping as a volunteer and it's going to be so much fun!

Today's Song: Better When I'm Dancin'

Sorry for being a little less positive than normal.
laura <3

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2019, 07:10:11 pm »
+4
No need to apologise - feelings are feelings! Hope you can get some rest.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:04 pm »
+2
I hope that your stresses pass soon, Laura!
My pm’s are always open  ;D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2019, 08:22:34 am »
+5
Thanks guys! <3 This weekend did wonders for my mood. I had the best time, especially taking my little friends to the farm!

Over the weekend I was also given my results for my two Religion and Society assessments. Two A* marks!!  :) ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2019, 08:30:04 am »
Thanks guys! <3 This weekend did wonders for my mood. I had the best time, especially taking my little friends to the farm!

Over the weekend I was also given my results for my two Religion and Society assessments. Two A* marks!!  :) ;D

Super work! :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2019, 08:01:49 am »
+7
Hey guys!
Today is the first day of the school holidays for me! I got my English essay mark back- an A. I wasn't expecting better because I think that I could have analysed all of my evidence better, but I'm looking forward to getting some comments back on it next term.

As for holiday homework:
- I don't have any for religion (1/2), history or forensic science.
- For English, I need to write a first draft of my oral. I'm hoping to do that today.
- For maths, I have a test in the first week next term. I have heaps of review questions to do. I know our school is opening up one of the classrooms for maths help twice over the holidays so I might go in and do some work there.
- For biology, I have so so so much to catch up on. I think I'll start figuring that out next week. I have an AoS2 test in the third week back at school so I need to start studying.
- Exams are in week six next term so I should probably start to think about studying...

I'm looking forward to seeing friends over the next two and a bit weeks, as well as being productive, working a little and resting. I also really want to tidy up my schoolbag, room and desk.

laura <3

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2019, 08:29:03 am »
+2
Today is the first day of the school holidays for me

i dont like this privellege
taking a break.

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2019, 07:26:41 pm »
yay for holidays! i’ve still got tomorrow  :'(
what topic are you doing for your oral?

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2019, 07:33:34 pm »
+1
i dont like this privellege
I sat outside in the sunshine with some friends and we ate a whole tub of icecream with sporks. Was a great time! How was been cooped up in a classroom? :P

yay for holidays! i’ve still got tomorrow  :'(
what topic are you doing for your oral?
I'm talking about how mandatory reporting should extend to breaking the seal of confessional in Catholic churches. It's a little controversial at a Catholic school but something I can definitely get passionate about!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2019, 07:44:43 pm »
+1
I sat outside in the sunshine with some friends and we ate a whole tub of icecream with sporks. Was a great time! How was been cooped up in a classroom? :P
wow you dont need to flex like this  :P
I'm talking about how mandatory reporting should extend to breaking the seal of confessional in Catholic churches. It's a little controversial at a Catholic school but something I can definitely get passionate about!
[/quote]
seems really interesting!! i’d love to read it after you’ve finished

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2019, 07:54:34 pm »
+1
seems really interesting!! i’d love to read it after you’ve finished
I'll probably post it on here to get some feedback! ;D But would definitely love for you to read it.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2019, 09:19:51 am »
+2

i feel attaCKED
taking a break.