Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:39:33 pm

Author Topic: Bound reference  (Read 1640 times)  Share 

ally1784

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Bound reference
« on: January 03, 2021, 03:05:00 pm »
Guys, what makes a good bound reference?

Chessnutter

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Bound reference
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 09:34:59 pm »
+1
Source: Received a 50

The cheat sheet should not be looked at as a tool to help you once in the exam, it should be viewed as a tool to help you study. Spending 2 hours revising and condensing notes into a cheat sheet will make you realise how much you have forgotten and will rejog your memory on the  little things. It is for this reason I recommend remaking your cheat sheet before each SAC and before the exams.

- It must be small enough to navigate easily - you must know where every piece of information is on it.  The last thing you want to be doing is spending a few minutes flicking through a huge binder. Mine was a single double-sided A4 page, with only 1 module required for 2020 all content could fit onto it easily.

What should be included:
- All rules/formulas (even the ones on the formula sheet provided in the exam)
- All graph types, annotated with important features and common mistakes (like forgetting the key in stem plots)
- Content that you didn't COMPLETELY know 100% before the start of the year. If it was so basic that you remember it from before the start of the year, don't waste the time/space for it be on the cheat sheet. If you learned it during the year or are even a little bit unsure, put it on.
- Tricky questions (For example, the answer to one practice question did not allow seasonality because the period between seasons was not consistent, and hence there was no seasonality)
- Tips and tricks (eg. Ensure working for 2 mark questions, Check decimal points/sig figs, etc) It is easy to forget the little general things in a test, this is to ensure you don't lose stupid marks.
Offering tutoring for Algorithmics, Methods, Further and Software Development. Message me

Bachelor of Computer Science Advanced (Honours) at Monash

ATAR: 98.95
2019:
Software Development (45)
2020:
Algorithmics (40)
Methods (42)
Further (50)
English (42)
Data Analytics (36)