Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:54:11 pm

Author Topic: starting to feel the burn[out]  (Read 699 times)  Share 

rkjthguakj

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +45
starting to feel the burn[out]
« on: November 22, 2020, 09:25:10 pm »
+6
With less than halfway done with my exams, the inevitable is finally setting in for me. The burnout. I have legal, economics and global politics left to go, with the legal exam tomorrow. I know there is enough time for me to pull myself together for economics and global politics and I'm in a good position for the exam but what should I be doing to maximise my exam performance by Tuesday and Friday?

I'm not too concerned with legal since it is a clear bottom two subject for me (and the little difference a 35 or a 40 in legal studies makes on my ATAR is really demotivating). So my main concerns lie in economics and global politics, where I started doing two practice exams a week at the beginning of October and am really starting to feel the burnout. Where do I balance between taking it easy and finishing up revision for the exam to best maximise my exam performance?
2019: Business Management
2020: English | Methods | Economics | Legal Studies | Global Politics
2021: Bachelor of Commerce @ UniMelb
2022- 2024: Bachelor of Arts @ UniMelb | Diploma in Languages (Chinese)

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: starting to feel the burn[out]
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 09:37:40 pm »
+6
With less than halfway done with my exams, the inevitable is finally setting in for me. The burnout. I have legal, economics and global politics left to go, with the legal exam tomorrow. I know there is enough time for me to pull myself together for economics and global politics and I'm in a good position for the exam but what should I be doing to maximise my exam performance by Tuesday and Friday?

I'm not too concerned with legal since it is a clear bottom two subject for me (and the little difference a 35 or a 40 in legal studies makes on my ATAR is really demotivating). So my main concerns lie in economics and global politics, where I started doing two practice exams a week at the beginning of October and am really starting to feel the burnout. Where do I balance between taking it easy and finishing up revision for the exam to best maximise my exam performance?
My advice is take it easy by reading/listening to notes. Just that. If you want a break, go read your notes. Don't even think about trying to use them. Just read over them, and you can feel you're doing something useful. :)

(Also do the other preparation, obviously, but the reading of notes is a good idea, I reckon, if you're wanting to take it easy at times.)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Re: starting to feel the burn[out]
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 09:41:42 pm »
+9
I am in the exact same position as you at the moment. Burnt out, and totally over studying and just learning in general. I have two exams to go, Chemistry tomorrow, and Food Studies on Thursday. I can't really say much, but the thing that is keeping me going, is that it's only a week to go. After that you are done, and you can take all the time off in the world. It's not much, and hard to actually follow when you just feel so ready to call it quits and just go i'm done, but it's only a few more days!

I like to think that even though current me is over it and doesn't care anymore, I know that future me does, so i'm working for her in the future.

If you're feeling that burnt out, i'd recommend half taking it easy and half pushing yourself. Say you still want to do those two exams per day. Take the morning off for just relaxing or doing what you enjoy, and getting those two exams in the afternoon. At the moment, i'm no longer doing exams under timed conditions, so the whole stress thing doesn't hit you as hard, yet you're still exposing yourself to content and revising.
I feel your demotivation, but it's not to long to go. Don't give up, and good luck with legal tomorrow!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash