Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:23:54 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287707 times)

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2018, 11:35:45 pm »
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #646 on: November 28, 2018, 10:56:09 am »
+1
Thank-you!
I do not recommend haha
Probably Japanese or Biology. :-)) What was your favourite subject this year?
This year I reckon Outdoor ed was my favourite - mostly because of all the camps I got to go on!
Bio is definitely my favourite subject overall though
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

emzza_16

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #647 on: November 29, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »
+8
Hey everyone!  I'm Emily and I will be starting VCE next year.  I wanted to do an advanced subject (Biology) this year but I decided to travel for six months in Germany instead. 

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I just finished Year 10 yesterday, but next year I will be doing: Literature, General, Methods, Biology, Chemistry and 20th Century History.

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
A movie that I hate...is it bad that I don't really watch movies?  Probably "Four Weddings and a Funeral" because no matter how many times I try to watch it, I just can never get past the first ten or so minutes and find that it is an absolute bore.  I feel as though I have a stronger disliking towards another film but I can't remember it to save my life at this stage.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Imma say a cricket bat will do the trick.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I honestly have no idea who I want to be in life - all I do know is that I do not wish to sit inside four walls and be bored.  I need to be constantly learning and using information for a greater good that benefits the wider community; I aim to be successful but not in the hopes for fame or fortune but rather so others will live an easier life and perhaps I may have touched them in some way; and I know that I need to see the world a million times over before I die.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I would liken my life to that of the ocean.  A stretch of ocean in the South Pacific with its tumultuous waters obliterating any vessel that dares cross its treacherous path, yet it is not always doom and gloom for the ocean holds many valuable secrets and treasures, and has been described as one of the most beautiful aspects of nature.  The way it glitters as the sun rises and sets, the infinite number of layers to its depths and the times when it is calm and cooperative and perhaps even peaceful.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #648 on: November 29, 2018, 04:13:27 pm »
+3
-

Hey Emily! Great to have you here - welcome to the forums. :) Congrats on finishing Year 10! How did you find Germany?

ALSO - I also don't really watch movies! I'm so glad there's somebody else out there hahaha.

EDIT: how did you find the forums, btw? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

emzza_16

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #649 on: November 29, 2018, 04:28:00 pm »
+4
Hey Emily! Great to have you here - welcome to the forums. :) Congrats on finishing Year 10! How did you find Germany?

ALSO - I also don't really watch movies! I'm so glad there's somebody else out there hahaha.

EDIT: how did you find the forums, btw? :)

Thank you for the warm welcome!  Eh, Year 10 isn't hard but thank you for the congratulations - I think I only did about 3 months at school this year xD  Germany was absolutely incredible, I loved it and I miss it so much.  I was staying in Bavaria so there was so much natural beauty and I did so much travelling by myself all around Germany.  My host family also took me to Austria and Italy which are equally as beautiful.

Oh my gosh I am glad I am not the only one - I much prefer books over movies, in a heartbeat.

I found the forums through one of my friends last year actually, she was very academically focused and advanced, but I didn't join until November this year.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #650 on: November 29, 2018, 04:47:04 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome!  Eh, Year 10 isn't hard but thank you for the congratulations - I think I only did about 3 months at school this year xD  Germany was absolutely incredible, I loved it and I miss it so much.  I was staying in Bavaria so there was so much natural beauty and I did so much travelling by myself all around Germany.  My host family also took me to Austria and Italy which are equally as beautiful.

Oh my gosh I am glad I am not the only one - I much prefer books over movies, in a heartbeat.

I found the forums through one of my friends last year actually, she was very academically focused and advanced, but I didn't join until November this year.

No stress! I wouldn't undersell Year 10. I personally found it more difficult than Year 12 (not necessarily academically, but as you know, that's only one part of it!). Germany - that sounds sooooo good. Super jealous hahaha. Do you plan to go back?

Regarding movies, I've got your back. 😉 I literally made a thread last year called "Movies are shit" hahahaha.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

emzza_16

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #651 on: November 29, 2018, 04:53:06 pm »
+4
No stress! I wouldn't undersell Year 10. I personally found it more difficult than Year 12 (not necessarily academically, but as you know, that's only one part of it!). Germany - that sounds sooooo good. Super jealous hahaha. Do you plan to go back?

Regarding movies, I've got your back. 😉 I literally made a thread last year called "Movies are shit" hahahaha.

I guess it's difficult for me to pass judgement on Year 10 as a whole seeing as I haven't really been there for much of the year, even academically it wasn't hard but maybe that's because I started not giving a damn about workload and doing the bare minimum to pass but still ended up with better than average scores?  Who knows.  As for socially, eh, I'd much rather my own company or one or two other people than a hoard of others (unless it's a music concert, then I'm down in a heartbeat).  I am planning to go back to Europe for schoolies in 2020 actually, but by myself and catching up with the friends I made there.  Next Christmas I'll be in Japan visiting family and going to Hawaii again for a few days to meet up with a friend I met last month on my cruise back from Hawaii to Sydney :)  I have a travel bug that is never satisfied.

Oh my gosh, I think that's the best thread I have ever seen on a forum xD

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2018, 07:23:46 pm »
+3
Hello ;) I'm James, my sister is on ATAR Notes and told me to make an account so here I am.

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in year 9 year 10 transition. This year I did all the boring core subjects plus units 1&2 biology and french.
Next year I'll be doing units 3&4 biology and physical education (goodbye french!)
In year 11 I'm planning to do 3&4 HHD and chemistry, and finally 3&4 literature and maths methods in year 12, along with two bludge subjects.

Any movie where a dog dies. Does this need justification?

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A heavy pole. Honestly, it's not hard. Zombies are just lumps of decomposing bone, tendon and muscle. First you immobilise the zombie by breaking its legs using the pole, then calmly proceed with decapitation.
Who needs fancy weapons?

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
This is gonna sound so boring and cliched... so get ready to roll your eyes - I want to stu usdy medicine and become a doctor. ::)
I mean, sure you make a ton of money and people look up to you and all that crap, but I want to study medicine because I've seen first hand the difference a doctor can make in someone's life and the hope you can give to not just the person who's sick but also their family and friends, and I want to do the same one day.
Welcome to the forums, James! What has been your favourite subject so far? :)
I feel you on your answer to the second question - movies where dogs die are so sad. :(
Interesting choice of weapon! I trust you to defeat all the zombies that attempt to annihilate in the event of an apocalypse! :D
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2018, 09:04:42 pm »
+3
-snip-
Welcome to AN! ;D
How come your school lets you do 2 3/4s in year 10? Is it normal at your school? (Also good choice on 3/4 bio ;))

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #654 on: December 02, 2018, 09:44:36 pm »
+5
It's not uncommon - each year there's about five or six students who do two 3&4s in year 10. Someone did 3 last year. There's no rule on that sort of stuff at my school, it's sort of like if you think you can handle the workload, and if your grades have been decent, then go ahead.
And yes I agree bio is amaaaazing. (I see you did 3&4 bio early too - how did you find it? Congrats on your score by the way! Any tips on doing well? ;D)
Sounds a lot like my school haha
Bio was and always will be my favourite VCE subject ;D
I think my most important tip is to make sure you understand everything you’re learning as you’re learning it, don’t try and cram at the end it won’t work 😂 (also, there’s a post in the VCE bio board with links to heaps of guides and other resources which are super useful ^-^)

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #655 on: December 05, 2018, 07:59:09 pm »
+7
 Year 11 to year 12 transistion. Year 12 subjects will be English, further mathematics, mathematical methods, revolutions and software development.
I do not passionately hate any movie.
ODM gear with blades (Attack on Titan).
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #656 on: December 05, 2018, 08:12:21 pm »
+4
 Year 11 to year 12 transistion. Year 12 subjects will be English, further mathematics, mathematical methods, revolutions and software development.
I do not passionately hate any movie.
ODM gear with blades (Attack on Titan).
Welcome to atarnotes! :)

revolutions is an interesting subject to throw into the mix given your other subjects; what drew you to it?
did you do any 3/4 subjects this year?

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #657 on: December 05, 2018, 10:22:06 pm »
+4

Welcome to atarnotes! :)

revolutions is an interesting subject to throw into the mix given your other subjects; what drew you to it?
did you do any 3/4 subjects this year?
No, I did not do any 3/4 subjects this year, due to the limited selection offered at school. I decided to continue to revolutions after completing units 1/2 global empires, as I enjoy historical studies.
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?

SunnyLatte

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #658 on: December 27, 2018, 07:59:38 pm »
+7
Hiiii, I'm SunnyLatte  ;D
I am going to be year 11 in 2019. My subjects  will be Mathematics standard, English Advanced (provision), food technology, Japanese beginners, Computing applications 1 unit, Studies of Religion 1 unit and Biology! I'm still unsure about my choice of food technology so I may try switch to Visual Arts depending on how it goes.
I don't really hate any movies ahaha however i'm not fond of gore
Perhaps a gun as it is far ranged, not too sure actually lol.

informationenthusiast

• Trailblazer
  • Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. It's your choi
  • Respect: -8
« Reply #659 on: December 27, 2018, 08:03:52 pm »
Hiiii, I'm SunnyLatte  ;D
I am going to be year 11 in 2019. My subjects  will be Mathematics standard, English Advanced (provision), food technology, Japanese beginners, Computing applications 1 unit, Studies of Religion 1 unit and Biology! I'm still unsure about my choice of food technology so I may try switch to Visual Arts depending on how it goes.
I don't really hate any movies ahaha however i'm not fond of gore
Perhaps a gun as it is far ranged, not too sure actually lol.
Welcome to the forums 8)
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, It's always your choice