Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:55:24 am

Author Topic: How to structure the major work??  (Read 1318 times)  Share 

kristieevans

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How to structure the major work??
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:19:14 pm »
Hey,

So I do history extension and for my major I'm planning to do:
“How does the photograph “The Ultimate Protest” represent the attitudes of civilians towards the (Vietnam) war?

The Ultimate Protest is a photograph taken in 1963 in Vietnam, of a monk protesting against the government by committing self-immolation (suicide by fire).

My teacher wants a draft done within three weeks, and I have no idea how to structure it.

Tips on how to structure the essay and feedback on the question would be greatly appreciated.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: How to structure the major work??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:51:20 pm »
+1
Hey,

So I do history extension and for my major I'm planning to do:
“How does the photograph “The Ultimate Protest” represent the attitudes of civilians towards the (Vietnam) war?

The Ultimate Protest is a photograph taken in 1963 in Vietnam, of a monk protesting against the government by committing self-immolation (suicide by fire).

My teacher wants a draft done within three weeks, and I have no idea how to structure it.

Tips on how to structure the essay and feedback on the question would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

I like the idea of your question, just make sure that your essay has a historiographical focus throughout it (on how history has been constructed/historians/etc.) and doesn’t have too much focus on the history of the Vietnam war.

There isn’t really a set structure for the essay as it depends on your school (as your teachers are marking it) and your individual project, points and arguments. For example, my essay had a synopsis, intro, 7 body paragraphs and a conclusion. However, Susie’s had her synopsis as her introduction (my school didn’t allow this), two large indented paragraphs for her major ideas and a conclusion. It doesn’t matter how many paragraphs you have, as long as they are all effective in answering your question.

Hope this helps!! :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

kristieevans

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: How to structure the major work??
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 03:44:53 pm »
Okay - thank you.

That does make sense, I'll check with my teacher and hopefully go from there.