Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:26 am

Author Topic: Major work topic: Henry 8th or Internment of Japanese Americans?  (Read 846 times)  Share 

Lilabear123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Major work topic: Henry 8th or Internment of Japanese Americans?
« on: February 22, 2018, 07:20:09 pm »
Hi everyone!

It's pretty late to still be choosing a topic, but i've been having doubts about my original idea (Henry 8th). I know it's a pretty popular topic, and since their been so much written about him, i'm concerned that i won't be able to find my own 'voice' and that i'll struggle coming up with original ideas.

So i started reading about the internment of Japanese Americans, and it seems really interesting!  I haven't done too much research, but from what i've gathered so far, i would probably mention:

- East vs West perspective
- Revisionist history
- Why it's been forgotten/suppressed/lesser know

Anyway, i'm in a major dilemma and super indecisive. i just don't want to end up regretting my choice halfway. Interest wise, i think i'm equally interested in those topics? Some insight/advice would be fantastic :)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: Major work topic: Henry 8th or Internment of Japanese Americans?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 10:02:01 am »
Hi everyone!

It's pretty late to still be choosing a topic, but i've been having doubts about my original idea (Henry 8th). I know it's a pretty popular topic, and since their been so much written about him, i'm concerned that i won't be able to find my own 'voice' and that i'll struggle coming up with original ideas.

So i started reading about the internment of Japanese Americans, and it seems really interesting!  I haven't done too much research, but from what i've gathered so far, i would probably mention:

- East vs West perspective
- Revisionist history
- Why it's been forgotten/suppressed/lesser know

Anyway, i'm in a major dilemma and super indecisive. i just don't want to end up regretting my choice halfway. Interest wise, i think i'm equally interested in those topics? Some insight/advice would be fantastic :)
Hey,
Welcome to AN!! :D
i changed my question four times last year so I know how you feel. You’ve still got plenty of time to research and polish your essay so it should still be good if you decide to change.

I can’t tell you which topic to choose as it is your major and I don’t really know either of them very well.

Both of your topics have historiographical ideas and are researched.  It is mainly up to your own preference and interest which topic you choose. You should probably try to chose which topic you will do soon as then you will have a longer time to research and plan for that specific question (I ended up with my final question 2-3 weeks before my draft essay was due).

If you do decide on the internment of Japanese Americans you will need to come up with a specific question for your essay and start researching more so you can start writing your essay.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your major!! :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]