Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:37:54 am

Author Topic: Macrob Entry Year 11  (Read 1145 times)  Share 

huy03456

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Macrob Entry Year 11
« on: April 06, 2020, 08:05:37 am »
Hi!
I wanted to get some advice on macrob's year 11 entry. I couldn't try out for year 10 this year due to COVID-19, but wanted to give it a go next year again.

I was wondering if anyone who has done the examination before could share some tips on what it was like and what could be on the test because there aren't that many preparation courses out there for the year 11 entry. Anything such as what will be on the test, practice tests, links or anything relevant would be helpful.
 I heard that getting a spot in year 11 is easier than trying in year 10 because they add a new form, is that true?  ???

Achievements and Co-curricular:
I'm planning on starting Methods and Bio 1/2 in year 10 next year since I'm in an accelerated program and learning year 10 in both subjects.
 - on the way to finish grade 8 piano at the end of year 9
 - sports: volleyball , cross country

Is there anything in particular that I should attempt?

I'd love some advice and tips to guide me,
Thanks for reading! :)

heyguys98

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Macrob Entry Year 11
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 09:18:21 am »
hi!
yes! i would also suggest you sit the nossal or Suzanne cory exam just to get some experience. but apart from that, since you have over a year to go, try to enrol yourself in a bunch of extracurricular activities. that would rlly help. make sure u just do a lot of practice tests and be thorough w the topics. so ik that yr 11 is much harder than yr 9 but I'm not too sure. ik a friend who got all superiors to get a yr 10 entry.

blackcocoa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 11:07:29 pm »
I think you / ur parents should contact the school to specifically ask about Y11 entries in coming years.

Macrob has a larger Y9 cohort this year, comparing to previous years. (More year nine forms than before..) Whether this cohort will further increase its size at Y10 and Y11,  and by how much, the answer is likely to be different to previous years.

Don’t quote what I said, but I really want you to make informed planning and preparations.

SanchaTheSeeker

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 12:03:31 am »
Hey!

I'm pretty sure Mac Rob has decided not to admit Year 10s and 11s this year
https://www.macrob.vic.edu.au/enrolment-information.html
“Our life is a constant journey, from birth to death. The landscape changes, the people change, our needs change, but the train keeps moving. Life is the train, not the station.”

― Paulo Coelho

Train nerd, Venturer Scout, and JMSS hoomun

JMSS guide: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189547

ig: @sfaunncgha