Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:04:07 pm

Author Topic: Any way to prepare for VCE Methods?  (Read 584 times)  Share 

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Any way to prepare for VCE Methods?
« on: July 27, 2019, 06:40:55 pm »
hi all, i'm currently in year 10, and I need to pick my year 11 subjects soon.
I need methods as a prereq for BSc at unimelb, so I'm doing it next year. i'm in a methods prep class at the moment for semester 2, but I feel like i'm starting to slip.
in class, we're going over some basics, and i feel like i'm pretty slow at understanding stuff (i'm not doing that bad tbh, i just feel really dumb and i don't want to lmao) i wanted to come on here and ask some of you how i can start to prepare myself for methods over the rest of this semester and through the summer holidays, and also, if you've had success with a tutor.
any websites, books, links, study tips, videos, anything, really, is very much appreciated.

SmellsLikeTeenSpirit

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Any way to prepare for VCE Methods?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 09:50:20 pm »
+1
Hi,

My personal view is as follows:
a) The textbook itself is quite good. Go through it, topic by topic. Check out the worked-out examples, then try to solve the problems.
b) After solving the problems in a particular topic, get through Cambridge Checkpoints and try to solve the problems relevant to the topic.
c) Now, given that you are at Year 10, do not push yourself too hard - there are still two full years before your VCE exams.

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: Any way to prepare for VCE Methods?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 12:21:12 pm »
Hi,

My personal view is as follows:
a) The textbook itself is quite good. Go through it, topic by topic. Check out the worked-out examples, then try to solve the problems.
b) After solving the problems in a particular topic, get through Cambridge Checkpoints and try to solve the problems relevant to the topic.
c) Now, given that you are at Year 10, do not push yourself too hard - there are still two full years before your VCE exams.

Thanks for your advice! I'll def keep it in mind.