Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:16:47 pm

Author Topic: SOR 5 mark response  (Read 5532 times)  Share 

tasros

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
SOR 5 mark response
« on: November 11, 2019, 01:09:39 pm »
Hey lecturers and peers,

I have an upcoming SOR 2 assessment task that requires me to write a 5 marker based on Aboriginal Spirituality. This would be fine except for the fact that I can't find a structure for this type of question (I'm not sure about length, thesis, examples etc). The questions is something like:

Using the stimulus and class knowledge, discuss the ways Aboriginal Spirituality is closely linked to land

I know I would speak about inextricable connection etc, but do I need to talk about the effects of dispossession on the Aboriginal people?

Thanks so much for any help you're able to give  ;D ;D

Tara

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: SOR 5 mark response
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 01:58:30 pm »
+1
Hey lecturers and peers,

I have an upcoming SOR 2 assessment task that requires me to write a 5 marker based on Aboriginal Spirituality. This would be fine except for the fact that I can't find a structure for this type of question (I'm not sure about length, thesis, examples etc). The questions is something like:

Using the stimulus and class knowledge, discuss the ways Aboriginal Spirituality is closely linked to land

I know I would speak about inextricable connection etc, but do I need to talk about the effects of dispossession on the Aboriginal people?

Thanks so much for any help you're able to give  ;D ;D

Tara

I would first look at what the verb is asking you to do . That will automatically help you with what information is needed to write. Yes you will have to link it to the inextricable connection because it is the only link that ties the aboriginal spirituality to their land. It is asking about the ways so I don't see why you would need to specify upon the effects of dispossession but just in case look at the verb from the HSC verb list of 'discuss', that should help you.

For a five marker, its generally a small paragraph and they give you I think in my HSC this year its about 5-8 sentences? not too sure but its a concise response to the question answering the verb with clarity.

Hope it helps:)

-KgkG-