Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 04:34:06 pm

Author Topic: What marks should I aim for?  (Read 692 times)  Share 

SS1314

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +18
What marks should I aim for?
« on: July 09, 2019, 07:15:49 pm »
+1
I am a year 10 doing Maths Methods U1/2 this year. My average (including SACs and exam) is 80% and I got 78% for the mid-year exam. My goal is a 40+ SS for next year. I was wondering what percentage for my SACs and exams I should aim for this year?
2021: English, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Physics [50]

Offering 2022 head start classes (PM for details)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: What marks should I aim for?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 04:22:37 pm »
+3
Howdy!

Probably not the response you're looking for, but why not aim for 100%? Of course, that doesn't mean you need be dissatisfied with anything less.

In terms of getting the 40+ study score, it's difficult to give an estimate of what you need to get through your SACs. Different schools administer different SACs, and also mark them differently, so a 60% at my school, for example, might actually be the equivalent of a 90% at yours. In the end, raw marks in isolation don't matter that much in terms of study score calculation.

Again, I acknowledge this probably isn't the type of response you were looking for haha. But it sounds like you're doing well in Methods this year, and I'd encourage you to simply keep pushing through the content and (importantly) clarifying anything you don't understand. For example, why did you lose the marks you did on your mid-year? Doing this will give you a great change of ultimately getting that 40+ study score. :)

Good luck!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

SS1314

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +18
Re: What marks should I aim for?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 06:56:02 pm »
+1
thank you for the reply ;D
I will try my best on future SACs and exams
2021: English, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Physics [50]

Offering 2022 head start classes (PM for details)