Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:30:38 am

Author Topic: Subject Review Requests  (Read 214116 times)  Share 

HaydesZ

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Glen Waverley Secondary College
Re: Subject Review Requests
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »
Anyone done ECON30017 Organisations, Economics and Incentives, FNCE30003 International Finance or FNCE30005 Real Estate Finance ?

Please review thanks.

LOLs99

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:19 am »
Investments FNCE30001 Thanks :)
2014-2016: 

2017-2018: Master of Engineering

summermagic2005

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2015, 05:55:43 pm »
Hello! have anyone done any of the second year history subjects? e.g the french revolution (HIST20068), the holocaust and genocide (HIST20013)

Please review! thank you :)!!

uoiea

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2015, 07:54:03 pm »
+1
If anyone has completed

PHYC10008 From the Solar System to the Cosmos

could they review it? The only other level 1 Physics subject has pretty scathing reviews due to how poorly taught it is.
14: VCE
15-17: in a coma
18: BCom

IvyLaced

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2015, 11:02:04 pm »
UNIB10014 Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Would love a review for this if possible, thanks!!!

ealam2

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2015, 10:21:27 am »
HPSC10002 Science and Pseudoscience
Reviews on this subject would be appreciated, thanks!  :)

CHarro23

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2015, 09:32:16 pm »
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has done any of:

APBL10003 Visualising Environments
ENVS10003 Constructing Environments
ENVS10004 Designing Environments

If so, I would greatly appreciate any insight especially regarding the studio work involved.
Thanks  :D :D

mahler004

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »
+2
HPSC10002 Science and Pseudoscience
Reviews on this subject would be appreciated, thanks!  :)

I did it in first year (so three years ago now.) For this reason, I won't write a subject review of it. Chances are, a lot has changed.

Anyway, on the whole, I thought the subject was average. The content was interesting enough, the assessment was very manageable (especially considering you could do the essay in the mid-semester break, you had a choice on when it was due.) The topics were interesting enough. After an introductory week, you basically take a series of topics (evolutionary biology, intelligent design, astrology, forensic science, climate science, etc,) and try to decide if it's 'science' or 'pseudoscience.' Some will be clear, some will be less then clear. There's assigned readings and all that jazz that usually comes with arts subjects.

This subject definitely focuses on the 'philosophy' of science.

Not a terrible subject by any stretch of the imagination, but not really fantastic either. I've heard the second semester subject (From Plato to Einstein) focuses more on the 'history' of science, if that's your thing.
BSc (Hons) 2015 Melbourne

PhD 2016-??? Melbourne

I want to be an architect.

ealam2

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2015, 06:20:20 pm »
+1
I did it in first year (so three years ago now.) For this reason, I won't write a subject review of it. Chances are, a lot has changed.

Anyway, on the whole, I thought the subject was average. The content was interesting enough, the assessment was very manageable (especially considering you could do the essay in the mid-semester break, you had a choice on when it was due.) The topics were interesting enough. After an introductory week, you basically take a series of topics (evolutionary biology, intelligent design, astrology, forensic science, climate science, etc,) and try to decide if it's 'science' or 'pseudoscience.' Some will be clear, some will be less then clear. There's assigned readings and all that jazz that usually comes with arts subjects.

This subject definitely focuses on the 'philosophy' of science.

Not a terrible subject by any stretch of the imagination, but not really fantastic either. I've heard the second semester subject (From Plato to Einstein) focuses more on the 'history' of science, if that's your thing.

I've read from someone that this subject is very disappointing and badly taught. And not really keen on history of science. Thanks for your review! :)

caution

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »
hello :)
has anyone done: UNIB10013 Catastrophes as Turning Points?

ealam2

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2015, 03:33:11 pm »
Data Analysis 1 MAST10010  please
Thanks!  :)

HoyC

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2015, 02:28:21 pm »
Hi all,

I am trying to decide which Animal subject to study for 2nd year science at Melbourne Uni. I am already doing foundations of animal health 1 and think that comparative animal nutrition and digestion (DASC20012) is pretty similar to the vet subject, content wise. It sounds really interesting, but so does companion animal biology (DASC20011) which covers things a little different from my vet subject. I was wondering if anyone knew what either of these subjects were like and which one they would recommend?

Thankyou!

FTstarlingisland

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2015, 10:00:26 pm »
Has anyone here done CEDB30004 Stem Cells in Development & Regeneration?? I haven't done any developmental subjects before, was planning on taking this as an elective so have no idea what to expect. I've done BCMB20002 so I meet the prerequisites but was wondering how difficult/demanding this subject is particularly if you don't have much previous exposure to developmental biology. (i'm a microbiology major but have covered a bit of developmental stuff in 2nd year anatomy). Any other info about the subject would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks guys!

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2015, 09:22:49 am »
Hi all,

I am trying to decide which Animal subject to study for 2nd year science at Melbourne Uni. I am already doing foundations of animal health 1 and think that comparative animal nutrition and digestion (DASC20012) is pretty similar to the vet subject, content wise. It sounds really interesting, but so does companion animal biology (DASC20011) which covers things a little different from my vet subject. I was wondering if anyone knew what either of these subjects were like and which one they would recommend?

Thankyou!

I haven't taken either of those subjects personally but have heard that comparative nutrition and digestion is a very interesting subject and seems quite manageable to score highly in
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

HoyC

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2015, 02:51:51 pm »
+1
I haven't taken either of those subjects personally but have heard that comparative nutrition and digestion is a very interesting subject and seems quite manageable to score highly in

Thankyou for your reply! I have decided to do this subject as I too agree that it sounds more interesting! :)