Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:20:02 am

Author Topic: HSC w/ a stresshead {class of '19}  (Read 14880 times)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: HSC w/ a stresshead {class of '19}
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 08:15:14 pm »
Congrats on finishing!!   :D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 08:25:57 pm by katie,rinos »
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2019, 08:24:56 am »
+7
How exciting! What are you doing with all of your free time? ;D

I have literally been lounging around the house doing nothing, and occasionally going shopping. I plan to go to school today to watch my sisters assembly and I am highkey enjoying the fact that I'll have the chance to catch up with my teachers...

I think I should find work, but I am really enjoying this time where I literally don't have to stress or think about anything.

And the fact that I haven't officially "graduated" from my school or had my formal isn't helping.
My graduation is next week and I am absolutely pumped, I cannot wait to see my whole cohort get together for the last time ever.

Congrats on finishing!!   :D

Thank you!!

Thats all I really have now so peace out,
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 04:31:19 pm »
+8
So I realised that I totally forgot to update this when atars and results came out - I was honestly so upset with my performance for weeks after they came out and barely spoke to anyone.

I have now sort of come to terms with my marks and although I wish they were higher, they represented the effort I put in and I definitely could've tried harder.

So I got;

English Advanced - 89 (this took the longest to come to terms with to be honest)
English Ext1 - 45
English Ext2 - 34
Math Ext1 - 46
Legal Studies - 96
Economics - 85

Which equated to an ATAR of 95.85.

I found that, as expected, I don't test well, and my internals literally saved me. I knew I'd be horrible in exam situations as I overstress and cant seem to focus. Something I definitely need to work on before uni starts though.

My dream course definitely changed over the course of my HSC year - and I wanted to get into a B Commerce/B Advanced Studies at Usyd, which I did (thankfully).

Although every single ATAR calculator I used predicted something above 96.4 (which I would've been genuinely happy with), I am proud of what I achieved and am really excited to start uni this year.

Now I can finally close the horrid chapter that was the HSC.

peace out,
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2020, 06:49:33 pm »
So I realised that I totally forgot to update this when atars and results came out - I was honestly so upset with my performance for weeks after they came out and barely spoke to anyone.

I have now sort of come to terms with my marks and although I wish they were higher, they represented the effort I put in and I definitely could've tried harder.

So I got;

English Advanced - 89 (this took the longest to come to terms with to be honest)
English Ext1 - 45
English Ext2 - 34
Math Ext1 - 46
Legal Studies - 96
Economics - 85

Which equated to an ATAR of 95.85.

I found that, as expected, I don't test well, and my internals literally saved me. I knew I'd be horrible in exam situations as I overstress and cant seem to focus. Something I definitely need to work on before uni starts though.

My dream course definitely changed over the course of my HSC year - and I wanted to get into a B Commerce/B Advanced Studies at Usyd, which I did (thankfully).

Although every single ATAR calculator I used predicted something above 96.4 (which I would've been genuinely happy with), I am proud of what I achieved and am really excited to start uni this year.

Now I can finally close the horrid chapter that was the HSC.

peace out,

Those are awesome scores! Congrats on your atar and on finishing the HSC, you should be super proud of yourself! What are your plans for the future?
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2020, 12:58:50 pm »
That is such a fantastic result meerae! Congratulations!