Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:20:15 am

Author Topic: How to get a Band 6 in Business Studies!  (Read 112115 times)  Share 

olivercutbill

• Forum Regular
  • Monetary Policy is... an art not a science
  • Respect: +1
Re: How to get a Band 6 in Business Studies!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 09:35:48 pm »
+1
POGOOGOGO SQUIINININTTTT

These are great -- major efficiency booster. Literally the whole syllabus memorised in one day. Cheers!
2016 ATAR: 93.05

Priscy123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 09:05:03 pm »
Thank you for the guide! I plan on memorising the Business Studies syllabus this coming holidays so this will be very useful.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 10:57:17 pm »
Thank you for the guide! I plan on memorising the Business Studies syllabus this coming holidays so this will be very useful.

Welcome to the forums!! Super happy to have you around ;D

EmileeSmith

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 11:10:57 am »
very useful and easy to remember, thankyou! :)

fizzy.123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 08:43:44 pm »
Hi! I have more than a month left before the HSC business exam and i was wondering how many papers should i practice before the exam?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 09:03:04 pm »
Hi! I have more than a month left before the HSC business exam and i was wondering how many papers should i practice before the exam?

As many as you need to get the content stuck in your head Fizzy! And then maybe a few more ;) I did over 20 for some of my subjects, and less than 5 for another one of them, so it totally depends :) I think 5 would be a good starting point! 5 Past Papers, plus study of the concepts along the way, would be a good baseline to try and meet (and then exceed) ;D again though, totally depends on the person ;D

Emerald99

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 07:17:14 pm »
Hello! I was wondering for a business essay are we allowed to use subheadings or is that considered unsophisticated?

Also I wanted to ask whats the main difference between a business report and essay? Is it just the fact that you cant write case studies in a business report? or a recommendations in an essay?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts, you can use the 'Modify' button to the top right of your previous post to edit it if you want to add to your question before it is answered :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:50:59 pm by jamonwindeyer »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:07 pm »
Hello! I was wondering for a business essay are we allowed to use subheadings or is that considered unsophisticated?

Also I wanted to ask whats the main difference between a business report and essay? Is it just the fact that you cant write case studies in a business report? or a recommendations in an essay?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts, you can use the 'Modify' button to the top right of your previous post to edit it if you want to add to your question before it is answered :)

Hey Emerald! Unfortunately I can't comment on Business specifically, but subheadings wouldn't normally be considered appropriate for an essay (unless there is an exception for Business?) :)

zachary99

• Trailblazer
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »

From my perspective you can write section IV in one of two ways, a business report format or an essay.
I have seen a number of band 6 responses for both of these methods. The report format consists of headings and subheadings (much like section III of the exam), however, if you choose to write an essay i would advise against subheadings. It would  be better to choose the Business report format if you do not feel comfortable writing a cohesive and logical essay which can flow nicely.

Moderator edit: Removed your response from the quote so that we can recognise it :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:36:41 pm by Aaron »

Emerald99

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 08:00:47 pm »
Thanks guys!

fizzy.123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2016, 09:46:53 pm »
Do we have to put case studies in the business report too? Or just for the essay?

aimbotted

• Forum Regular
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2016, 09:57:56 pm »
uh for the business report i'm not 100% sure but i'd think you would not include the case study considering you got the stimulus

kevin217

• Forum Regular
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2016, 11:43:13 pm »
Nop, you don't want to write anything about case studies in the business report. If anything you might even lose marks because it's irrelevant since you want to talk about the hypothetical business and not Qantas or Apple. However, if say the stimulus for this years HSC is about a clothing retailer , I'm not too sure if you can include say industry averages you may have studied for your case studies.

zachary99

• Trailblazer
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »
uh for the business report i'm not 100% sure but i'd think you would not include the case study considering you got the stimulus

As Kevin mentioned above, you should not talk about your case studies in section III (Business Report) at all!!!!!  :)
I would also avoid talking about industry averages unless it is specified in the stimulus aswell.

kevin217

• Forum Regular
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 07:11:30 pm »
As Kevin mentioned above, you should not talk about your case studies in section III (Business Report) at all!!!!!  :)
I would also avoid talking about industry averages unless it is specified in the stimulus aswell.
Cool thanks for clearing that up