Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 05:33:02 pm

Author Topic: laura needs to practice!!  (Read 9728 times)

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
Re: laura needs to practice!!
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2019, 12:36:38 am »
+4
Omg. I'm so annoyed that I've only just found this thread!! This thread is so awesome! ;D

I've been wanting to learn Auslan for over a year now and I've been trying to figure out how to start. Random side note... I'm also trying to learn German (ich habe ein bisschen Deutsch gelernt). I think that every school should offer opportunities for students to learn Auslan. Personally, I would have much rather learnt Auslan instead of Japanese. I don't have any plans of going to Japan, but there are tones of members in my community who may be hard of hearing (also, I'm like really bad at Japanese... no matter how hard I tried, it just didn't click with my brain). So yeah, I think it would have been nice just to have an option to learn it...
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2019, 06:06:53 am »
+4
Thanks so much! Auslan really is such a useful skill and I totoally agree that everyone should have the option to learn it at school. I found it heaps easier to learn than Italian and there have been heaps of times when it has actually been useful to me outside of the classroom!

If you’re looking for resources to learn, check out the VCE Auslan board. It’s fairly quiet but there are some useful bits and pieces! ;D

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2019, 08:04:30 am »
+2
Laura this is so amazing! I agree that Auslan should be available as an option to learn at school as it is such a valuable skill and how much you know is so impressive!!!
I taught myself some basic Auslan as there is one lady who (when I was working at McDonald's) would always visit and it felt horrible having to try and 'guess' what she wanted by what she was pointing to/gesturing at.
I can't wait for further updates!!!!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2019, 11:44:39 am »
+1
If you’re looking for resources to learn, check out the VCE Auslan board. It’s fairly quiet but there are some useful bits and pieces! ;D

Awesome! I'll be sure to check it out! :D
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »
+5
I went on an Auslan tour of the NGV for Chinese New Year! I found it really interesting, and luckily there were some other people just learning there too, so they were signing slowly. I'm going to try and do things like that more often. ;D