Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:33:58 am

Author Topic: Related Texts  (Read 4153 times)

dreamweaver013

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Montgrove College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Related Texts
« on: July 24, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »
Ok, so as you all know, trials are pretty soon, and it just occurred to me that I actually need to find related texts for module C. I'm doing Judith Wright (so... people and landscapes) and I was just wondering what texts other people used that they might be willing to share.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Related Texts
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:07:22 pm »
Ok, so as you all know, trials are pretty soon, and it just occurred to me that I actually need to find related texts for module C. I'm doing Judith Wright (so... people and landscapes) and I was just wondering what texts other people used that they might be willing to share.

Hey there dreamweaver, welcome to the forums!! You might want to have a look at 10 Mary Street, a poem by Peter Skrzynecki, it does the people and landscapes relationship really nicely!  ;D plus, it used to be a prescribed text for the AoS, so there is a heap of resources on it online  ;D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Related Texts
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 10:41:41 pm »

I studied People and Landscapes and I used Tim Winton's short story, Distant Lands, for my related text - and it worked splendidly! You can download my essay for People and Landscapes in the "Notes" tab. Just select Advanced English as the subject and look for my Module C upload :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!