HSC Stuff > New South Wales Education Discussion

Susie - Ask a State Ranker (Q+A Closed)

(1/25) > >>

jamonwindeyer:
Susie's Q+A is Closed!
If you missed your chance to ask, no stress, you can still visit our Question Threads! Here are the links to some of them:

Modern History Question Thread
Ancient History Question Thread
History Extension Question Thread

Welcome to Susie's Q+A!

Some things you might want to know about Susie:
- Achieved 18th in NSW for Modern History
- Achieved 2nd in NSW for History Extension Essay Prize
- ATAR of 97.80
- Currently studying Media and Arts Production at the University of Technology

Susie has also introduced herself just below!

To ask a question...
1. If you haven't already, register for an ATAR Notes account by clicking here!
2. Scroll down to the Quick Reply window at the bottom of the page
3. Type your reply and click Post!

sudodds:
hey hey  :)

As Jamon said, my name is Susie and I'm super excited to be answering any and all of your questions this coming Saturday! Thought i'd take the time now to quickly let you know a little bit more about myself :)

My full name is Susanna, my dog is currently undergoing psychiatric evaluation, I'm convinced Sansa is going to win the Iron Throne, and I don't drink coffee because I'm scared it will burn my mouth - hi nice to meet you ;D Maybe some stuff that is a bit more relevant to you though; I graduated last year, studying Modern History, Ancient History and History Extension (I know... am I not just like, the coolest person?). On top of that, I also studied English Advanced, Economics, Studies of Religion I and Drama, the latter of which was another huge passion of mine, making a short film for my IP :)

I'm happy to answer questions on any of these subjects (don't feel like you have to keep it all history related!), and more general stuff as well :) Wanna ask for my super specific opinion on Trotsky's role during the signing of the Treaty of Brest Litovsk? Go for it! Interested to know how I studied? Ask away :) Keen to know about what it's like to literally be in the same room as jamonwindeyer? Words can't describe - but i'll give it a go.

Keen for a rad time! Don't be shy, I'm not as scary hardcore as my profile picture makes me out to be 8)

Susie

lilivincent:
Hi there,

I am about to sit my Trial examinations for English Advanced.. and i was wondering if you had any tips for the Modules and also Creative Writing. I know that is broad but do you suggest memorising, and where do you come up with your ideas for a creative?
Thanks

JD99:
Hey Susie! :)
Firstly, for History, if i remember 4 important events in Albert Speers life (include stats/dates etc.) would this be enough to get me through section a of the personality study??
Also, for English, is it ok to abbreviate texts names, because i'm using To Kill a Mocking Bird for my related texts and writing that lots of times is going to take a lot of time in the exam! so could I just write TKAMB after I write it in full the first time??

Thank you!!

katie,rinos:
Hey Susie
Just wondering what are your tips for scoring in the A band for the longer essays in Ancient (especially with Julio Claudians/Agrippina)? How many pages were your Sparta, Julio-Claudians and Agrippina essays? With your detail tables, how often did you look at them/write things out and actively try to memorise stuff (or was it mainly done by using them for practise essays)? Do you have any predictions for the essay questions in Ancient?
Do you have any tips for people who are good at history but find it difficult to write essays in English (I find it really frustrating that I can write really complex ideas in extension and get pretty good marks, but my essays in English are really bad)?
Were you expecting the marks/Atar that you received? Do you have any tips for people who are aiming for a highish atar?
You’ve mentioned before that you want to mix film with history what type/period/personality would you most like to do?
Do you have a favourite song/did you have an exam playlist?
Thanks so much for answering all my questions-you are so amazing!! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version