Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:05:31 pm

Author Topic: Top Tip for Memorising Statistics (and all the World War I Stats You'll Need!)  (Read 21813 times)  Share 

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Ooft!! That's some quality stuff!! Thanks for the upload
This is a goddamned incredible resource. Like honestly I'm so impressed right now.
No worries! I'm glad people like it :) It took me long enough to make haha so I'd like it to help as many people as possible so it doesn't go to waste.
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Newbalance101

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
This is very useful thank you. I just wanted to point out that I think some of your statistics may be wrong... but then again different textbooks say different things. I was wondering if you have a method for memorising quotes and historian names (its pretty hard to remember those).

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
+1
This is very useful thank you. I just wanted to point out that I think some of your statistics may be wrong... but then again different textbooks say different things. I was wondering if you have a method for memorising quotes and historian names (its pretty hard to remember those).

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised hahaha a lot of this was written at about 3am, but the majority are defs accurate (based around 'Key Features of Modern History' by Bruce Dennett - a history god). In terms of memorising quotes and historians names, Jake's worksheet method is definitely A+ :) Don't worry too much about memorising quote though, it's a lot more important that you know the content well and understand the key issues and themes yourself rather than being able to parrot historians. In terms of memorising historians names just try and find a core group of historians to use rather than a plethora. This not only means that you probably know their positions back to front rather than just some random quote and makes it easier to memorise (just fyi though you're unlikely to lose a mark if you get the name wrong so don't stress :) )

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

chloeannbarwick

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
This is is actually soooo helpful! Memorising statistics is by far my biggest weak spot!
Get it done now, and you'll have less to do later

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
  • Respect: +196
This is is actually soooo helpful! Memorising statistics is by far my biggest weak spot!

Glad that you enjoyed the resource!
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

herb123

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
These are fantastic! hope they help for my modern trials next wednesday

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
  • Respect: +196
These are fantastic! hope they help for my modern trials next wednesday

Glad that they help! Good luck for Wednesday :)
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

jadzia26

• Trailblazer
My teacher basically bombarded us with stats for WWI and has continued with more during revision classes!
this is literally the best document for WWI, so helpful! thank you so so so much!
how do you choose the most important ones though?
I've also forgotten practically all of WW1 since doing so much WW2 its a distant memory sooo much study to do
any effective and efficient suggestions that work for modern regarding study???

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
My teacher basically bombarded us with stats for WWI and has continued with more during revision classes!
this is literally the best document for WWI, so helpful! thank you so so so much!
how do you choose the most important ones though?
I've also forgotten practically all of WW1 since doing so much WW2 its a distant memory sooo much study to do
any effective and efficient suggestions that work for modern regarding study???
For me, it wasn't really a case of choosing the most important ones. You never know what type of question you're gonna get, so though this may not be the answer you want to here, it comes down to learning as many as possible (which these worksheets cater too perfectly!). In terms of study, pretty much the only way I studied last year was doing practices responses open book! For WW1 that is super easy - the questions are literally syllabus dot points with a question at the end, so you can basically write them yourself easily, and cover all the syllabus dot points :)

Hope this helps!

Susie

jadzia26

• Trailblazer
For me, it wasn't really a case of choosing the most important ones. You never know what type of question you're gonna get, so though this may not be the answer you want to here, it comes down to learning as many as possible (which these worksheets cater too perfectly!). In terms of study, pretty much the only way I studied last year was doing practices responses open book! For WW1 that is super easy - the questions are literally syllabus dot points with a question at the end, so you can basically write them yourself easily, and cover all the syllabus dot points :)

Hope this helps!

Susie

Thank you so much that does help!
Loved your modern history lecture last week btw it was amazing

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
Thank you so much that does help!
Loved your modern history lecture last week btw it was amazing
Awww thank you so much <3 I'm so glad you enjoyed! I had so much fun delivering it :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
Heyo! If anyone is studying Russia and the Soviet Union for the National Study, I have created a set of worksheets (similar in style to Jake's in the OP!). I made these for my tutoring students, but felt like, what the hell, you guys to deserve them too ;)

Hope they help!

Susie

(Side note: Please don't freak out if there is any information that you didn't know in these worksheets, as that is the point - expanding your detail beyond the textbook!)

diesxel

• Forum Regular
  • sow the seeds, reap the rewards ❊
  • Respect: +5
+1
These Russia worksheets are great!

Thanks so much!! :D
HSC 2017 ATAR 97.25 English Advanced (92)- Modern History (89) - Business Studies (93) - Biology (96) - English Extension 1 (47/50) - English Extension 2

Don't stop when you're tired, stop when you're done.

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
+1
These Russia worksheets are great!

Thanks so much!! :D
So glad you enjoyed <3

LegalEagle24/7

• Trailblazer
+1
Hey :) I uploaded this to the notes page, but I thought I'd put it here as well because it's pretty relevant haha.

Throughout the year I've been compiling a detail table, full of quotes and statistics, for WW1, Russia, Trotsky and the Cold War. It's organised by syllabus dot point, and helped me out a bunch during the trials so I thought I'd put it here in case it can help someone else out as well :)

These aren't content notes per say, but moreso interesting facts and statistics to impress the markers, and make it look like you really know your stuff.

Good luck! xx

These worksheets just saved my life in Modern!!!