Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:44:48 am

Author Topic: Monash Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy 2018 entry  (Read 1519 times)  Share 

ringring

• Trailblazer
  • ✞ Philippians 4:13 ✞
  • Respect: 0
Hey!  :)

I'm interested in studying Bachelor of Pharmacy with Masters at Monash next year... I'm not too fussed about the 25 study score requirement for Methods and Chemistry as well as the ATAR but I'm a bit concerned about the 30 study score for English.

What are my options if I don't meet the study score prerequisites? Is it possible to study Bachelor of Science then transfer into the course?
2016: Further Maths

2017: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, HHD

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: Monash Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy 2018 entry
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:57:20 pm »
Hey!  :)

I'm interested in studying Bachelor of Pharmacy with Masters at Monash next year... I'm not too fussed about the 25 study score requirement for Methods and Chemistry as well as the ATAR but I'm a bit concerned about the 30 study score for English.

What are my options if I don't meet the study score prerequisites? Is it possible to study Bachelor of Science then transfer into the course?

Hey!
I'm not 100% sure on transferring into the course, however, there is most certainly a pathway to pharm from a science degree!
From my understanding, Monash currently offer to give you 2 years credit if you have completed a science, pharmaceutical science or biomedicine degree*. That means you'd start from year 3 pharm (after an intensive summer to catch you up on what you may not have covered) :)
(Considering I study on the same campus as pharmacy, I've seen this on a massive sign advertised outside campus, haha)

* this takes into account the units you have undertaken, which are typically chemistry, pharmacology and physiology.

Also imo- if you believe in yourself, you should be able to achieve that 30 in English! 😊
Also check out some of the other unis as well :)

Hope this helps shed some light! :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:08:15 pm by insanipi »
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!