Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:49:30 pm

Author Topic: Applying for JMSS 2016  (Read 1654 times)  Share 

Gc2000

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Vermont secondary school
Applying for JMSS 2016
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:24:59 pm »
Uhhello...
I'm not sure if this is relevant to the thread because I dont know how to post but anyhow I'm applying for John Monash 2016. And last year in year 8 I applied for nossal and Mc Rob... I got one or maybe two superiors.... But didn't get in....my school has a lot of Asians and most of them applied as well.. So this year I want to apply for john Monash but I don't know how to prepare. My math is good but my science not so good but even so I really want to get into the school. Any tips? What will it be testing me on? Please help

GodlyBuddha

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: JMSS
Re: Applying for JMSS 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 07:17:12 pm »
Honestly,tutors don't really help. I know quite a few people who tried out and went to tutors for it and they did not get in, I did not have a tutor. All i did was basic year 10 maths and science, but even that was of minimal help. Most of the science reasoning was common sense. If you are confident in your abilities it is the interview that you have to worry about. That is where the differentiate between the candidates who passed the test, I found it the hardest part because you have to sell yourself to them. My interview did not go that well, but my really good portfolio made up for it.

Hope this helps :) 

Hannibal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
Re: Applying for JMSS 2016
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:44:44 pm »
JAC JMSS testing was a waste of time to be honest. The only good thing you get out of it is that you are forced to write a scientific essay every week, so you tend to get a little better at churning them out. But the maths and science tests were way too difficult in comparison to the actual test. And it might be worth trying out for Year 10 entry of MHS or Nossal, if you have lots of extra-curricular achievements.
2018-2020: UoM Comm