Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:34:56 am

Author Topic: New EAS Scheme for 2019-2020  (Read 672 times)

helpmeplz123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
New EAS Scheme for 2019-2020
« on: September 15, 2019, 03:19:58 pm »
Hello everyone. So this year UAC is implementing a new scheme for EAS where those living in the lowest 30% in socio-economical areas are eligible for EAS.
I am eligible.
I was wondering if I had to apply for EAS or will unis automatically take it into account.
Also, will I be given bonus points for every course (mainly physiotherapy here) and if so how many is it usually.
Thanks in advance  :).

InnererSchweinehund

• MOTM: JUNE 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +18
Re: New EAS Scheme for 2019-2020
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:40:37 pm »
+4
Hello everyone. So this year UAC is implementing a new scheme for EAS where those living in the lowest 30% in socio-economical areas are eligible for EAS.
I am eligible.
I was wondering if I had to apply for EAS or will unis automatically take it into account.
Also, will I be given bonus points for every course (mainly physiotherapy here) and if so how many is it usually.
Thanks in advance  :).

Hi there,

As far as we have been told, with EAS the universities only take it into account if it is listed as part of your UAC application, therefore it is important you fill out the application online. Depending on what code it falls under on UAC, you may also have to get specific forms to upload / have your principal sign something, therefore it is best to get it done before the HSC and everything else really kicks up!

Bonus points depend on the university and the course. For example, Western Sydney University offer up to 10 bonus points for different reasons listed here: https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/future/study/how-to-apply/bonus-points.html however it is dependant on the course if they count the bonus points, and how many you'll receive. Your best bet is to contact the university directly to find out more specific information for your particular case.

Hope this helps!