Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:38:06 pm

Author Topic: Transferring Universitys  (Read 370 times)  Share 

triplejanda

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Transferring Universitys
« on: August 06, 2019, 09:37:03 pm »
Hey everyone,
So recently I've had a revelation about where I want to go to Uni and what I want to pursue. However, due to this realisation coming really late into my year 12, I don't have the required prerequisites needed for entrance (Bachelor of Science at Melbourne University). This course requires Mathematical Methods as a prereq in order to gain entrance. However, the Bachelor of Science at La Trobe only requires Further Maths (which I'm currently doing).

I am wondering if there's a possibility that I could go to La Trobe and study their Bachelor of Science for 12 months and then transfer into the Melbourne Uni Bachelor of Science in order to complete the degree at the Uni I really want to go to.
If anyone has some answers or advice, please hmu.
Thank you,
- Jack

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Transferring Universitys
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:44:35 pm »
+3
Yes you can, after 12 months your academic results at La Trobe will be used to determine entry (whether you qualify or not) rather than ATAR which could be a good or bad thing.

Anyway, you still have to satisfy that pre-req somehow... usually most people do a bridging course for Methods or do an equivalent subject recognised.

So yes, definitely possible but need to check a few boxes before you go for it. Downside of doing this is I don't think you'll get much credit when you transfer (if any), so it's important to understand that you may be losing out both in time and financially. Meaning you may have to start again ... or the 12 months could be useless depending on how you look at it / how much credit you get.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile