Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:20:05 am

Author Topic: Your five favourite music artists  (Read 24088 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Your five favourite music artists
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:07 pm »
+2
I feel very embarrassed by my favourite artists

Nothing to be embarrassed about - preferences are preferences! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

glinny

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 07:30:27 pm »
+3
I guess my music choice is quite weird considering my background but I really like;

Denzel Curry - his album Imperial is one of the best I've heard (This Life)
Yung Lean - hit or miss, but has some cracking songs (Volt, Kyoto)
Skepta - catchy songs with some good lyrics (That's not me)
JME - consistently good bars (Integrity)
Ivan B - really emotive lyrics (Our time together)

Songs are included in brackets ;).

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 07:32:41 pm »
+1
I guess my music choice is quite weird considering my background but I really like;

Denzel Curry - his album Imperial is one of the best I've heard (This Life)
Yung Lean - hit or miss, but has some cracking songs (Volt, Kyoto)
Skepta - catchy songs with some good lyrics (That's not me)
JME - consistently good bars (Integrity)
Ivan B - really emotive lyrics (Our time together)

Songs are included in brackets ;).
Nothing is quite weird! Trust me, I love all music equally <3 ;D
(I've heard of Yung Lean before, actually! ^_^ )
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:35:57 pm by insanipi »
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 09:56:12 pm »
+3
not in any particular order (except Adele) but
1. Adele <3
I don't even know why. I just love her voice.
Favourite songs: Someone Like You, Skyfall, Set Fire to the Rain
2. Mariah
3. Whitney
4. Barbra
5. Sia

HMs
- Celine
- Queen B

there's more which I probably forgot :P
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 10:00:14 pm »
+1
Dont really have one but i like the vamps, the chainsomers i guess

chelseam

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 10:22:30 pm »
+3
2- Fleetwood Mac
To me, there's nothing like a good sing to any of the songs from the Rumours album ;D
100% agree with this! I really hope I get to see them live one day ;D

2. Florence + the Machine
3. The 1975
4. Flume
5. Banks
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 10:25:07 pm »
+2
100% agree with this! I really hope I get to see them live one day ;D

2. Florence + the Machine
3. The 1975
4. Flume
5. Banks
Same! Those guys are amazing <3
Any suggestions of songs I *must* check out for the other 4? ;D

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 11:39:46 pm »
+4
Flume I mean, i've been listening to his music since Year 7 and he's been my favourite artist since (though I felt pressured to take my little flume sticker off my laptop when nobody knew who he was). Although he used to be considered alternative, he's recently become very popular and has become a bit more generic.. not sure how I feel about that. His music ranges widely and I can use his work for anything whether I need to study or pump myself up.

Chet Faker A great artist who I believe deserves some more recognition. His voice is so soothing and really helps me study. Then again, he's made an album with flume which features one of my favourite songs

Frank Ocean Okay, to be completely honest, I only listen to Pink + White and occasionally listen to the rest of the album... so I probably shouldn't consider him as a top 5; regardless, this song is amazing when it comes to relaxing  :)

Mura Masa This has been my favourite since I first heard it in December. I've listened to a few other songs of Mura Masa but I think LoveSick really connected with me. It's kind of a morning ritual to listen to it at least once.

Hermitude They were my first concert so of course they have a little place in my heart  ;D

A few artists who I couldn't fit in the top 5 are:
Wafia
The Internet
Sango
Ta-Ku
Tycho
Maybe a top 10?  ;)
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

chelseam

• Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 12:06:37 am »
+2
In my opinion everything from Florence's album Ceremonials is amazing!
For The 1975 I'd defs recommend The Sound, Somebody Else, Heart Out and Robbers, but Chocolate, Girls and Settle Down are pretty popular as well!
My personal faves by Banks are Gemini Feed (a bit angsty I guess but I love its backing track) and Begging For Thread :D
Same! Those guys are amazing <3
Any suggestions of songs I *must* check out for the other 4? ;D
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 12:14:04 am »
+3
1. Linkin Park
They get a HEAP of hate for how much their musical style has changed in the two decades, comparing their early stuff to their late stuff is like two different bands. But I really respect them for keeping it interesting, and I love almost every song, often for very different reasons. They don't make my favourite songs, but they make my favourite albums.

2. Muse
These guys do incredible things with music, they can compose Dubstep rock operas and acoustic jazz pieces, put them on the same album and somehow it just works. The lead singer Matt Bellamy is unbelievably talented, has to be up there with the best male vocalists on the planet right now in my opinion ;D

3. John Butler
John has done some amazing work with his band John Butler Trio that I absolutely love (most famously, Zebra, the one that is like "Da, da, da da da. Da da da da. Da, da, da da da. Da da da da da da - That's not humming, that's the lyrics ;)) But the piece above is just something else entirely - Probably the sole reason I ever wanted to pick up a guitar in the first place. If you've got 12 minutes and want to see exactly what you can do with an acoustic guitar, look no further.

4. Hozier
Hozier wrote that song "Take me to Church" that was so overplayed after it went viral a few years ago, but the album it is on is just so full of passion. Such beautiful lyrics and music. Very big fan - Still waiting on a follow up album  :P

5. Green Day
These guys are one of my childhood favourites, and they became the first songs I learned on guitar. For this reason, they hold a special place in my heart (well, the section for music anyway... ;) )

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 12:21:06 am »
+1
1. Linkin Park
They get a HEAP of hate for how much their musical style has changed in the two decades, comparing their early stuff to their late stuff is like two different bands. But I really respect them for keeping it interesting, and I love almost every song, often for very different reasons. They don't make my favourite songs, but they make my favourite albums.

2. Muse
These guys do incredible things with music, they can compose Dubstep rock operas and acoustic jazz pieces, put them on the same album and somehow it just works. The lead singer Matt Bellamy is unbelievably talented, has to be up there with the best male vocalists on the planet right now in my opinion ;D

3. John Butler
John has done some amazing work with his band John Butler Trio that I absolutely love (most famously, Zebra, the one that is like "Da, da, da da da. Da da da da. Da, da, da da da. Da da da da da da - That's not humming, that's the lyrics ;)) But the piece above is just something else entirely - Probably the sole reason I ever wanted to pick up a guitar in the first place. If you've got 12 minutes and want to see exactly what you can do with an acoustic guitar, look no further.

4. Hozier
Hozier wrote that song "Take me to Church" that was so overplayed after it went viral a few years ago, but the album it is on is just so full of passion. Such beautiful lyrics and music. Very big fan - Still waiting on a follow up album 

5. Green Day
These guys are one of my childhood favourites, and they became the first songs I learned on guitar. For this reason, they hold a special place in my heart (well, the section for music anyway... ;) )

I had a phase when I was in year 8 (or was it 9?) Where I'd listen to nearly nothing but Linkin Park, Muse and Green Day. True story to say they all helped me through a tough time haha. ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 12:23:32 am »
I had a phase when I was in year 8 (or was it 9?) Where I'd listen to nearly nothing but Linkin Park, Muse and Green Day. True story to say they all helped me through a tough time haha. ;D

They are definitely not the most 'uplifting' of musical artists ;)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 12:25:25 am »
+1
They are definitely not the most 'uplifting' of musical artists ;)
I know
(Although I'm weird and actually always felt better surrounded by certain songs )

chelseam

• Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 12:32:54 am »
Out of curiosity, what are your favourite Muse songs? :)
2. Muse

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 12:40:05 am »
+1
Out of curiosity, what are your favourite Muse songs? :)

Ouch, that's a tough pick. Without giving it too much thought, I'd have to say City of Delusion, Defector, Plug in Baby, Hysteria, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist... I'm actually a real fan of that three part symphony (Exogenesis) they put at the end of The Resistance as well! ;D